Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5206 (Criss-Cross Top)

Reviewed by:JudyP

About JudyPstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 7/15/05
Posted on:5/14/08 7:43 AM
Last Updated:5/14/08 7:43 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
AngieC said... (11/8/08 1:19 AM) Reply
I love your version of this pattern! It fits you perfectly and I think the fabric is elegant. I also am glad to see a plus size review that looks this great!
moushka said... (6/26/08 2:38 PM) Reply
Judy, so nice to see a review of this pattern for plus sizes. It's been sitting in my stash for ages; you make me want to get it out and sew it up! Thanks for such a detailed and helpful review. Your top looks fantastic! Sue
A of the M's said... (6/23/08 9:29 AM) Reply
You included a lot of helpful information about this pattern. Thank you. I love Loes Hinse's collection and now that I see you in this top I want this pattern more than ever. You look fantastic! A definite wardrobe must have!
JudyP said... (5/16/08 11:52 AM) Reply
Patti, I think the sleeve fit is due to the fabric. My muslin for this top was a cotton interlock that was stiffer than the rayon knit. The sleeves seemed tighter. This rayon knit is so drapey and light that the entire top fit better. I just pulled out the pattern and laid it on the sleeves. I did make the bottom of the sleeve a bit wider. The sleeve fit fine at the top, but was very tapered at the bottom, so I made it wider.
Karine said... (5/15/08 8:51 AM) Reply
I have looked at this pattern for a long time. Your results are wonderful. Love your fabric choice and the top is very flattering.
Darla in PA said... (5/15/08 6:28 AM) Reply
Your top looks great!
lynda828 said... (5/14/08 7:33 PM) Reply
Looks very smart, yet comfortable. Lovely fabric, colours look great on you. I like the neckline V. I hate low V's that are a worry when I'm bending over LOL.
Patti B said... (5/14/08 6:59 PM) Reply
Love the fabric and love the top -- it looks great on you. Did you make any changes to the sleeve? LH tends to have a very narrow sleeve and yours looks looser than hers normally do.
nannykk said... (5/14/08 10:48 AM) Reply
looks wonderful!
Gold said... (5/14/08 8:57 AM) Reply
Very cute top!!
Doctor Sister said... (5/14/08 8:47 AM) Reply
This is lovely, I'm been wanting to make a crossover tee but as a larger, busting woman have been iffy about it. This looks great on you!!!

Children's Corner 277