Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB021WT (Weekender Travel Bag)

Reviewed by:madhatter

About madhatterstar
GERMANY
Member since: 3/27/06
Posted on:5/15/08 12:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Sew4Fun said... (5/20/08 1:18 AM) Reply
Lovely bag!! It looks like a lot of work.
madhatter said... (5/17/08 4:44 AM) Reply
ladies, thank you for all your encouragement and lovely comments! ^-^ think I will try this again with a different interfacing someday, and then I'll update here to tell you how it ended up!
Larkin said... (5/16/08 4:52 PM) Reply
You don't need to cry anymore! You've got a beautiful bag! Thanks for all the details...
chrisquilts_2 said... (5/16/08 12:07 PM) Reply
Great picture with the size of the bag...you look like you could fit into it. I too am afraid to tackle it , but yours is pushing me
gatorgirl4325 said... (5/16/08 10:34 AM) Reply
Oh, wow! Yes, your bag is definitely worth the effort you put forth!
angie.a said... (5/16/08 7:43 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful bag! I would love to attempt it, thanks for the review!
Ronda Rae said... (5/16/08 7:08 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I agree with your review, too. I am one who has made this bag. I wondered about sliding the timtex inbetween but couldn't come up with a way to do it. I am working on my second bag with some changes to the pattern. It's slow going though. I got to the sewing with the timetex and got scared!
F and L said... (5/16/08 6:58 AM) Reply
That is absolutely and completely beautiful. It looks perfect, and I love the fabrics you used.
Darla in PA said... (5/16/08 6:37 AM) Reply
Cute bag! I agree about sewing lining and zippers - there should be an easier way.
JMarie1962 said... (5/16/08 0:39 AM) Reply
Love your bag. I've seen several people make this for their knitting bag. I still NEED this pattern, but will want it for quick overnight getaways. great review - love your fabric combo and the pink piping
ColorMeHome said... (5/16/08 0:19 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I tried to make this bag and I gave up...I am a beginner. Your bag is super cute!
jtrl4 said... (5/15/08 9:57 PM) Reply
Your bag looks great-worth all your effort. I would like to make this bag, too, but I'm not quite ready for the "workout"!
Gold said... (5/15/08 4:19 PM) Reply
Very cute bag!I love the fabric.
Sigrid. said... (5/15/08 4:04 PM) Reply
This pattern is in my stash. And everytime I see it made up so beautiful like yours is too, I want to make it. But still keeping it till later because of the difficulties everyone describes. The combination of fabric and piping is very special, I like that.
MelissaB in WA said... (5/15/08 2:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag! My bag made me almost cry too while making it, but I love it now that it's done (well except for the crappy zipper I got - note to self, definitely splurge for the zipper on this one). Enjoy your bag!
Lori V said... (5/15/08 1:27 PM) Reply
This is such a wonderful bag, I have made this one and did not use Timtex. Easier to sew but my dd's bag is not very stiff.
lcavagnolo said... (5/15/08 1:25 PM) Reply
I've owned this pattern for about 2 years now, and still am afraid to sew it! Yours looks fantastic, and I think you have the first review to suggest sliding the Timtex in after sewing, which makes so much more sense. Great job!
AnneMarie60 said... (5/15/08 12:56 PM) Reply
You're not the first to complain of difficulties putting this bag together. You did a great job, and I love your choices of fabrics!

HotPatterns HP 1151