Pattern Reviews> Material Things> 108 (Fearless Fitted Jacket & Vest)

Reviewed by:TrixieD

About TrixieDstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 9/22/06
Posted on:5/19/08 12:11 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
Annette1 said... (5/21/08 2:55 PM) Reply
So, so pretty. I just LOVE your jacket. Your workmanship is impeccable. I have this pattern too, and have always admired its lines. I like it made up even better!
nancy2001 said... (5/20/08 8:30 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. Two years ago when I was just starting to sew, I made a muslin using this pattern but never actually got around to sewing the real thing. Your review makes me think I should give this flattering pattern another try.
gatorgirl4325 said... (5/20/08 10:38 AM) Reply
Gorgeous red jacket - you are going to look and feel so nice this fall! You did a marvellous job on the construction.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/20/08 10:23 AM) Reply
Beautifully done
ryansmumAria said... (5/20/08 8:38 AM) Reply
testing out with the lining is a brilliant idea! will use that in the future. Thanks. JAcket is fabulouS
carolynw said... (5/20/08 8:24 AM) Reply
Really beautiful jacket - you will enjoy wearing this when summer comes to an end. Cecelia does give a lot of detailed instructions in her patterns
Jane S said... (5/20/08 8:22 AM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning, bravo. The boiled wool is beautiful and the lines of the jacket look so feminine and flattering. Cecelia Podolak was one of the first sewing instructors I heard at a sewing expo about 12 years ago and I was inspired by her encouraging manner and careful instructions.
HeyJane said... (5/19/08 10:44 PM) Reply
Trixie, thanks so much for your review. I have one in progress in light wool...didn't finish the sleeves yet, and I 'tested' with the lining, as you did. Yes, LOTS of cutting and pressing. It's going together faster than I expected, though. I hope mine turns out as well as yours, it's really beautiful. Cecelia gave me great advice via email when I ordered my supplies, and she mentioned that it was designed with leather in mind.
Sew4Fun said... (5/19/08 7:56 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! You now have a jacket to wear (next) Easter. :)
BeckyC said... (5/19/08 7:31 PM) Reply
Thanks Trixie! I knew there was a reason I liked your jacket style so much, because I already have the pattern in my stash! As soon as you mentioned Cecelia Podolak I checked out my pattern laying next to my machine and sure enough it is the Fearless Jacket and Vest! I hope mine will turn out as nice as yours. Thanks again!
blue mooney said... (5/19/08 5:18 PM) Reply
nery, very nice! That is a very attractive pattern, You'll be so glad to have this ready to wear next fall!
MarilynB said... (5/19/08 4:29 PM) Reply
I love your jacket. This pattern is in my stash and I have been thinking about making it for quite a while. I have made other Material Things patterns before and have also been pleased with the results.
crystalwoods said... (5/19/08 4:23 PM) Reply
WHat a beautiful jacket! I love the lines and the colour. Thanks for the informative review.
Athene said... (5/19/08 2:30 PM) Reply
A beautiful jacket. It will be great for the Fall.
Frozzy said... (5/19/08 1:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - just think how nice it will be to pull this out of your closet to wear next fall!
TrixieD said... (5/19/08 1:41 PM) Reply
Thanks BeckyC. I purchased the pattern through Timmel Fabric. The designer is Cecelia Podolak and you can get more detail about her patterns and order right from her site at www.ceceliapodolak.com
BeckyC said... (5/19/08 1:28 PM) Reply
Your jacket is absolutely beautiful in the boiled wool! Can your tell us more about pattern and where you purchased the pattern.? I love the style and would be interested in it.
VtMartha said... (5/19/08 12:22 PM) Reply