Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6669 (Misses Tops and Bias Skirt)

Reviewed by:Deepika

Last Updated:5/29/08 3:38 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
jojoeffe said... (11/18/08 10:55 PM) Reply
The length is really flattering and the bold print works so well with this skirt. Gorgeous!
Eme said... (6/1/08 10:57 PM) Reply
It looks WONDERFUL! You must be so proud of yourself - I knew you could do it! Yay! :) (BTW I love the one a month sew along idea).
Sherril Miller said... (6/1/08 12:13 PM) Reply
I love what you did with that pretty fabric. Great job getting it done, just in time.
Deepika said... (5/31/08 10:12 AM) Reply
That's great. Maybe I'll start a sew-along for one-garment-a-month.
jhansby said... (5/30/08 7:59 PM) Reply
Great skirt!!
Winifred said... (5/30/08 4:36 PM) Reply
Deepika, this is a beautiful shirt on you and you should be proud to wear it. I too have frequently seen that time on the clock when I,m at it!! Alo I am going to do the 1 a month thing - I've got too many UFO's and end up feeling stressed out with nothing much to show for it. Wish Mikes Fabrics was mail order!
LisaG said... (5/30/08 3:10 PM) Reply
Deepika, it's a gorgeous outfit. As always, I am inspired by you. I am also inspired by your "one wearable garment per month" goal. That sounds so do-able. Maybe I'll adopt it too.
Deepika said... (5/30/08 3:03 PM) Reply
Gazelle I did make the top. It's Vogue 2925 Thank you everyone for such nice comments. As I was writing a review, I thought to myself, I probably won't get a lot of comments on this one cause it's such a basic skirt but I was so excited to see such nice comments from all of you. This is where I find inspiration and motivation to sew more and better each time. I am very pleased with this project and already planning my next bias skirt.
thaiyal said... (5/30/08 2:10 PM) Reply
Deepika, Did you make the top too? If so, what pattern is it? It goes beautiful with your bias skirt!
thaiyal said... (5/30/08 2:06 PM) Reply
It's GORGEOUS!
Em's Summer said... (5/30/08 12:00 PM) Reply
That skirt looks perfect! I would never have guessed that this was your first attempt at a bias skirt! Great job!
Sheila457 said... (5/30/08 10:02 AM) Reply
Awesome skirt and just love the print.
RobinMCPA said... (5/30/08 8:00 AM) Reply
I love your skirt - it looks like it fits you perfectly, and the fabric is beautiful as well. I haven't tried bias sewing yet, but I just bought this pattern and plan to! I will refer to my copy of that book too when doing so, as I recently acquired it.
Darla in PA said... (5/30/08 6:39 AM) Reply
Your skirt turned out beautiful. Great job for the 1st bias skirt.
CynthiaSue said... (5/29/08 11:16 PM) Reply
look at you slinky girl!! Great review. very pretty.
mastdenman said... (5/29/08 10:57 PM) Reply
I love the skirt. You look great in it. Note to self: Must hit Mikes next time.
Fictionfan said... (5/29/08 8:36 PM) Reply
Fantastic job and beautiful fit, Deepika. Maybe the best compliment I could give is that it looks better than any RTW skirt, and so pretty! The top and necklace really look great with the skirt. Don't you just love those rolled hem feet? I don't know what I ever did without them.
Catbird said... (5/29/08 8:19 PM) Reply
I love the way this looks on you. The fabric is gorgeous and the hem is perfection. Congratulations!
PVA said... (5/29/08 7:39 PM) Reply
Omygosh, everything that everyone else has said! Even the machine rolled hem looks just perfect! That outfit is soooooo "uptown" -- just awesome!
Karla Kizer said... (5/29/08 7:31 PM) Reply
That skirt should be in the pages of InStyle magazine. The perfect combination of fabric, design and workmanship.
Birgitte said... (5/29/08 7:06 PM) Reply
Just fantastic, what a great first bias skirt! Pat yourself on the back for this one!
Elona said... (5/29/08 6:54 PM) Reply
Wow, it's gorgeous, Deepika!
Twinset said... (5/29/08 6:03 PM) Reply
Very nice skirt, looks great on you! Congrats for this 1st bias project!
Gold said... (5/29/08 5:55 PM) Reply
You look fabulous!!
SueV said... (5/29/08 5:09 PM) Reply
that skirt looks nice on you. a bias silk skirt! Beautiful and very flattering
mylittleelephant said... (5/29/08 5:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and fit, this is really making me feel like trying a bias skirt which never done before, thanks for all tips and links, great review. I will come back on this when I finally sew a bias skirt!
Flying Seamstress said... (5/29/08 5:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful...and a great review!
Leslie in Austin said... (5/29/08 4:42 PM) Reply
OMG! This is the most fabulous skirt ever! Perfect combo of pattern and fabric. If you ever tire of that beauty, you know the address of where to send it...
Suzy Sews said... (5/29/08 4:39 PM) Reply
Your bias skirt is truly gorgeous! Great job on the hem. Very professional...
CarolynGM said... (5/29/08 4:25 PM) Reply
I am so envious of your tiny rolled hem. The skirt looks great, so sleek on you.
Jodi B. said... (5/29/08 4:06 PM) Reply
Deepika, it looks fabulous! Beautiful job on your first bias skirt.
Deepika said... (5/23/08 11:37 AM) Reply
well the skirt has been hanging in the closet and I dont see it growing. I did cut it on the bias so I am not sure what's happening. I am also not getting any figure hugging silhouette from it. Maybe I should have gone down a size?
Rebecca H said... (5/22/08 9:18 AM) Reply
I didn't know there were so many tricks to sewing bias skirts. One I didn't see mentioned was from Marcy Tilton's book on skirts, to cut the front & back pattern pieces in half and sew front & back center seams to get a better fit. Probably with a slinky fabric, it doesn't make as much difference, but with a woven, like linen, you avoid the folds falling at the sides, which makes you look wider. Sometimes, though, I think we over-think our crafts to the point it takes all the fun out of them.
mylittleelephant said... (5/21/08 7:40 PM) Reply
This is exciting, looking forward to reading your complete review!
Annette1 said... (5/21/08 6:54 PM) Reply
WOW! Talk about letting the fabric speak for itself, this is just stunning!
imsymphony said... (5/21/08 12:01 PM) Reply
Very pretty, thanks for the review!
camaro1952 said... (5/21/08 6:26 AM) Reply
Wonderful choice of fabric!
Roxxygrl said... (5/20/08 11:01 PM) Reply
It's looking lovely, beautiful fabric colours.
Julie G said... (5/20/08 7:26 PM) Reply
Nice looking fabric! Hope it turns out great :)
Gelbean said... (5/20/08 7:07 PM) Reply
Your skirt is gorgeous. I just love the print of the fabric.

Elizabeth Lee Sunrise Designs Baby Overalls