Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6685 (Misses Jacket In Two Lengths,)

Reviewed by:dorothyn

Last Updated:5/22/08 7:52 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Skirts

SewTwin said... (6/1/08 1:15 AM) Reply
WOW! Love the jacket..Very resortish!You could wear this soooo many ways..I will definitely refer back to your pics for inspiration..Your colors are right up my alley..
quathy said... (5/30/08 1:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip about the facing - I'll bet you've already saved me hours of time :) Your jacket is beautiful, and I adore your button choice!
ALY said... (5/22/08 7:40 PM) Reply
The look of a printed, longer length jacket over a top and pants is starting to grow on me. Your jacket is really lovely and looks very nice on you.
Helen near Sydney said... (5/22/08 7:01 PM) Reply
This pattern looks great - what a range of garments! - and your jacket has turned out lovely.
LindsayT said... (5/22/08 2:39 PM) Reply
Very stylish! I like this a lot.
Kaitlinnegan said... (5/22/08 10:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Thanks for your review - I had my eye on this pattern a while back, but still haven't gotten around to making a jacket. Maybe I'll get to it sooner rather than later! :)
born2bead said... (5/22/08 10:42 AM) Reply
Love your fabric choice and the fact that you used different colored buttons is a great idea. I like the idea of a fairly simple and easy jacket pattern. Sometimes you need that so you can get it done before the season for wearing it is over! Very nice!
DorothyK said... (5/22/08 9:23 AM) Reply
Great job. Looks terrific.
robina6 said... (5/22/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Looks great on you. A really nice sophisticated look, but not boring.
Michelle L said... (5/22/08 8:00 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric! It really suits the jacket, you did a lovely job.
notimetowork said... (5/22/08 2:50 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks lovely! I love the colours and the style really suits you.
Annette1 said... (5/21/08 6:28 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket, and I really like that length. I've been contemplating something in a similar length for myself, but just haven't gotten to it. This is oh-so-flattering in those pretty colors, and with yoru long, slim legs. :o)
Athene said... (5/21/08 2:45 PM) Reply
A very nice and attractive look on you. Beautiful colors in the jacket.
Luckylibbet said... (5/21/08 11:35 AM) Reply
Wonderful marriage of fabric & pattern! Those colors look terrific on you. The pattern really enhances your long lean lines ... can you tell I'm jealous?
carolynw said... (5/21/08 11:34 AM) Reply
This is so pretty and looks beautiful on you - I have always liked the lines of longer jackets but without wearing high heels (no longer possible) I have given up that look as it seems to swamp me - you have all the correct proportions to carry this off successfully.
BJ1400 said... (5/21/08 11:27 AM) Reply
Love the jacket. Pretty fabric. Looks great on you.
Nancywin said... (5/21/08 10:14 AM) Reply
Very nice. The longer length really makes you look tall and slender (or maybe you really are?) Nice choice of fabric.
Beek said... (5/21/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Great jacket. I just finished a NL sleeveless shell and had the same problem with the dart location. Good to know when tackling a NL pattern.
Kellie R. said... (5/21/08 8:14 AM) Reply
This is so pretty! Thanks for the info about the interesting front design; I too have a small bust! Great job!
dbsewer said... (5/21/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I find NL bust dart sits quite high and I have to lower them about 1/2" to 1" although I'm not droopy and wear good bras. So I don't know who's making their sloper. I really like the material, very fun.

Favorite Things Lounge Around Pattern