Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8379 (Misses Wrap Dress)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

Posted on:5/23/08 5:06 PM
Last Updated:5/23/08 5:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
donna mel said... (6/27/08 12:12 PM) Reply
makes me want to make a wrap dress...tho i have always thought they would not work on me. thanks for the inspiration.
Heatherrique said... (5/27/08 9:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for the sweet comments! Oh Karen8320, I adore your extended REMIX! You have a way of "Expressing Yourself" and it's "Just What I Needed" to get through any day! ;-)... SMWKnits, I think this wrap style would look great on you! It's so nice to work with knits that have a nice drape and flatter any figure!
ITAdmin said... (5/25/08 2:13 PM) Reply
Cute dress! It's really a good style for you.
smwknits said... (5/25/08 1:29 PM) Reply
The dress is gorgeous! I've been wanting to make this dress too, but have been stopped by Vogue's little icons that say it's flattering for every body type *except* mine- the triangle. I'm short AND pear-shaped. Has anybody with this figure type made the dress? I'd welcome opinions, even votes against. Thanks
Karen8320 said... (5/25/08 3:22 AM) Reply
I absolutely love it!!! That goes for your dress AND your review! First of all, this dress really does look fabulous on you and you've done a great job sewing. Next, all I can say is WOW, what a fantastic review. I have MORE THAN A FEELING that with this pattern, YOU REALLY GOT ME. When it comes to sewing, DON'T STOP because your work is HOT STUFF and in this dress, YOU SHOULD BE DANCING!
Modiste Madness said... (5/24/08 10:12 AM) Reply
Great dress and review. Thanks for the humor.
Meggie LuLu said... (5/24/08 9:58 AM) Reply
What a CUTE dress!!!! Great job!!!!!
CA Eisenhour said... (5/24/08 9:11 AM) Reply
Love your dress Louella it looks absolutely smashing on you! And your review is so wonderfully entertaining! You go girl....rock on!!
Beek said... (5/24/08 9:10 AM) Reply
Very flattering! You look stunning.
carolynw said... (5/24/08 9:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress - will be great for th esummer
Danvillegirl said... (5/24/08 7:25 AM) Reply
Very flattering dress!
Heatherbelle said... (5/24/08 4:43 AM) Reply
Oh dear I was thinking about this pattern and now I MUST have it. Love how close it is to DVF styling. Great review too!
Caitycat said... (5/24/08 1:41 AM) Reply
Groovy review! (Ahh, those earworms! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGH!) That dress is so flattering and pretty on you - well done!
Bernadette W said... (5/24/08 0:20 AM) Reply
Hilarious!!!! nice testimonial to DVF and oldies--neither of which will go out of style....
Sew Confused said... (5/24/08 0:06 AM) Reply
Super cute dress and very entertaining review! Well done.
EveS said... (5/24/08 0:01 AM) Reply
This is probably my all-time favorite dress pattern and your version is HOT (or should I say, "...hot, hot hot")!!! I couldn't agree more with your review...lots of cutting, lots of stitching, and lots of compliments afterward making it all worthwhile!!! Great job and a happy little review! :)
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/23/08 9:52 PM) Reply
What a fun dress AND review, you've got the groove girl !!
wvsher said... (5/23/08 8:35 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress and entertaining review!
mochalover said... (5/23/08 7:52 PM) Reply
Your dress is great and I loved your review!
2BSewing said... (5/23/08 7:47 PM) Reply
Wow...your dress looks great on you.
Annette1 said... (5/23/08 6:52 PM) Reply
I can see why your mom thought you were even slimmer and trimmer than usual in this dress. It's SO flattering, you've almost convinced me even I could wear this style. It's just beautiful on you. A great review AND trip down memory lane. :o)
Em's Summer said... (5/23/08 6:43 PM) Reply
You look great in this! Your dress is soo cute!!! Vogue really outdid themselves with this pattern! It's one of my TNTs!
MYoung said... (5/23/08 6:38 PM) Reply
this wrap dress looks great on you.
Leora said... (5/23/08 6:08 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous dress on you! Glad you didn't need to make too many Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes to get such a great fit!
JMarie1962 said... (5/23/08 6:01 PM) Reply
This is a really flattering dress on you and the perfect shade of red! Congrats on your weight loss too!
SewFar said... (5/23/08 5:46 PM) Reply
This dress is very flattering on you. Great, fun(ky) review, too, with perfect song-to-sewing matches! (Though I think quite-a-bit-younger sewers might be a little puzzled.)
Twinset said... (5/23/08 5:39 PM) Reply
Wow, what a groovy review, I feel like putting on some music and sew! Aside this you look great in your beautiful dress and the colors are very flattering!
inkstain said... (5/23/08 5:19 PM) Reply
What a lively review and fun dress...you've got me singing!

BurdaStyle Magazine 03-2013-110