Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8499 (Marcy Tilton pants)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:5/26/08 10:57 AM
Last Updated:5/27/08 10:03 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
mmemagpie said... (12/16/08 4:54 PM) Reply
Thank you for the hint on pressing before sewing--brilliant! The pattern companies aren't the only ones who haven't heard of this :) Also, the Steam-a-Seam hint is helpful.
Beech FiveEight said... (8/8/08 0:34 AM) Reply
Nancy, Your review really helped me out. thanks for all of your comments on sizing, and stitching. I put tabs on for fun, too. Looks good. And NO they don't make you look fat! mwz.
ryansmumAria said... (7/8/08 9:22 PM) Reply
They are great looking pants but the backside adds alot of weight on every picture I have seen of them. I was so excited to make them but now am not so sure. My behind is big enough and I don't need help making it bigger. You are much slimmer than the pants make you look. Thanks so much for the great review
SewTwin said... (6/4/08 2:43 PM) Reply
I agree with DH..But, then everyone should have "Chinese Farmer Pants!"Style & Practicality..I also have this pattern, and am grateful for all the reviews before I sew them..Maybe she is using the High Fashion Designers trick of making sizes big for a smaller size?..
Noile said... (5/30/08 4:55 PM) Reply
These pants look great on you! The topstitching is much less hassle if you don't do the contrast color; in my case, I set my needle so that it entered at the farthest point from the seam edge, and simply ran my zigzag foot along the seam. Perfect topstitching without a special foot . . .
moushka said... (5/28/08 5:28 PM) Reply
Nobody said the obvious: they do NOT make you look fat! They are very cute and you did a beautiful job. Enjoy wearing them this summer. They look very comfy and cool. Thanks for all the great tips. Sue
Izzie said... (5/27/08 9:53 PM) Reply
Those pants are so fun! Thanks for the review.
bananaoil said... (5/27/08 11:48 AM) Reply
I'll be trying these, thanks for the review.
linda 75142 said... (5/27/08 8:55 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern. This review is so timely for me! I think you look great in them.
Second Avenue said... (5/26/08 8:06 PM) Reply
I really like this pattern and you look great in the pants. Perfect top-stitching!
Annette1 said... (5/26/08 5:13 PM) Reply
I really like these, and I think they look just the way they're supposed to look. :o) I'm getting the pattern.
Heatherrique said... (5/26/08 3:54 PM) Reply
Your pants lookso much nicer than Vogey's!
Kay Y said... (5/26/08 1:46 PM) Reply
I like these too! Very comfy looking, but in a stylish sort of way, not sloppy.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/26/08 12:23 PM) Reply
Cute pants , they look cool and comfy. I really must get an edge foot too.
Dynamo said... (5/26/08 12:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for mentioning the edge sitch foot. For all I know one came with my machine and now I can't wait to go home and check! Your pants do look like they would be perfect for going to the beach in ... maybe with a nautical type swimsuit!
Beek said... (5/26/08 11:54 AM) Reply
I agree with you. Your a slim woman and these pants certainly don't do you justice. I like full pants, but this pattern I've had questions about. Your review certainly answered my questions. Thanks!
Peggy L said... (5/26/08 11:48 AM) Reply
I'm glad you reviewed this because this pattern is in my stash. I like them for cool summer pants. Nice job and review.
Michelle L said... (5/26/08 11:42 AM) Reply
Great tip about the edge stitching foot. I inherited a machine from my grandmother and am still learning what all the feet in the case are for....now I know at least one more!
2BSewing said... (5/26/08 11:23 AM) Reply
Your pants turned out great. They look really comfy. Thanks for the warning about the loose fit and for suggesting to go by the waist size. Thanks for the review.
Kellie R. said... (5/26/08 11:09 AM) Reply
Cute pants Nancy. I agree that the topstitching gives the pants a nice touch of style. They look like great summer pants. Thanks for the review.

No Pattern Used Knife-edge Pillow Covers