Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5395 (Misses' Princess Seamed Jacket)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:5/26/08 3:21 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

HeyJane said... (6/1/08 5:04 PM) Reply
This is so great looking...you just got every detail right on, it looks perfect! Yes to framing that photo, it's a really nice shot. :)
Frogstitcher said... (5/27/08 10:34 PM) Reply
Fabulous summery jacket. It fits you perfectly. Thanks for a great review.
Em's Summer said... (5/27/08 9:52 PM) Reply
Your jacket turned out so cute! It looks much better than the Nordy's version and it looks fantastic on you!!! You always make the cutest things!
Karen8320 said... (5/27/08 8:55 PM) Reply
Another fabulous garment! I think this really suits you - both the color and the style. I think you look fantastic in it! I also like the two button-effect and the collar looks perfect to me. Great work!
ITAdmin said... (5/27/08 2:06 PM) Reply
Impressive job on this! Well done.
CA Eisenhour said... (5/27/08 0:12 AM) Reply
Another beautifully made item(s) by you! And those EYES!!! I love, Love , Love the photo of you and Heather. I agree, you must frame that one; and get a locket size for both of you. Great job on the jacket, Heathers outfit, and as usual a terrific review! ~Connie
Mary Stiefer said... (5/26/08 10:57 PM) Reply
What a great looking jacket.
EveS said... (5/26/08 10:20 PM) Reply
You? Disco'ed out? *sigh* Now that's a sad thought! ;) Anyway, love this jacket! I would have NEVER considered this pattern from the envelope, but this is seriously cute! I like the poufy sleeves. (I can't even believe I'm saying that!)
Ronda Rae said... (5/26/08 8:22 PM) Reply
It looks great. I am glad I am not the only who had those same problems with the pattern. My sleeves look like cr@p! I threw it aside in disgust until I cool off a bit- it's been there for 3 weeks now. I need to figure out how to trim down the armcye. I'm so glad yours came out so wonderful!
TrixieD said... (5/26/08 7:59 PM) Reply
Great job in a great colour. Inspiring!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/26/08 7:49 PM) Reply
What a super jacket, love, love it on you. AND your eyes are stunning beautiful blue in that photo. Love the photo with your daughter too.
CynthiaSue said... (5/26/08 7:04 PM) Reply
this is dang adorable and inspiring! Love that Nordy had a puff sleeve. I've been eyeing this jacket pattern. It is so basic and trendy. thanks for making me want to sew it!
Mahler said... (5/26/08 7:03 PM) Reply
I love that outfit on you. That color is an excellent choice!!! By the way your little one is adorable.
Kellie R. said... (5/26/08 6:37 PM) Reply
What a pretty jacket! It's so flattering on you and the bonus is it's so versatile! Now you have me singing!
vespabelle said... (5/26/08 6:32 PM) Reply
Nice review. This one is in my stash, waiting to be sewn. It's good to know about the hem! Thanks!
Bonnie O said... (5/26/08 6:21 PM) Reply
This jacket looks fantastic on you! I love the style. And that photo of you and your daughter is priceless.
Annette1 said... (5/26/08 5:17 PM) Reply
Well, first of all, if you haven't framed your "shiny happy people" picture yet, you should. :o) This jacket is GREAT! I've seen the pattern before, of course, but until I saw your version just now, I had never really contemplated it. Now it's a must-have, yours has turned out so nicely, fit to a T!
Dee2 said... (5/26/08 4:38 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket--wonderful fit. I like yours better than the pricey one!
dbsewer said... (5/26/08 4:24 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket and looking the price of the Nordstrom jacket, bet it makes you glad you sew. It looks great on you, too.
michellep74 said... (5/26/08 3:33 PM) Reply
This jacket looks amazing on you! You really nailed this one--the fit is great, and I prefer your choice of two buttons over the one on the pattern envelope. I've been looking for a short sleeved jacket pattern for summer--this might be it.

by: Jstarr4250