Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2008-104 (dress)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:5/29/08 6:19 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Lori V said... (6/1/08 9:50 AM) Reply
Very cute dress, great review and I have the same problem with buckles at Joann's
Danvillegirl said... (5/31/08 8:25 AM) Reply
Dress is so flattering on you.
fuzzygalore said... (5/30/08 1:46 PM) Reply
Of course a tab is fine - that's what they do for the top! I like yours contrasting, and I don't think you should worry about the busyness of the fabric, because it still looks totally fabulous :-). But sure, make it again, this one looks like a real winner.
Luckylibbet said... (5/30/08 12:42 PM) Reply
Wonderful review - second the energizer bunny vote- and yes, you probably do need to do a swayback adjustment, which is really a misnomer in your case. It's not really swayback, but 'fuller' or curvier tush - have to do this for DD all the time. In her case, due to over-developed muscles from skating and gymnastics.
gatorgirl4325 said... (5/30/08 11:35 AM) Reply
That is a great looking dress on you!
Flying Seamstress said... (5/30/08 10:24 AM) Reply
Wow, this style is wonderful on you! Love that fabric too (I have some in my stash, LOL). Also like the tab detail versus buckle. Thanks for the facing tip as I had decided to use binding. Good review!
EveS said... (5/30/08 10:06 AM) Reply
That is a seriously flattering dress on you! Dontcha just love it? Thanks for the great review! :)
Elke said... (5/30/08 8:19 AM) Reply
This is looks great on you!
squirrellypoo said... (5/30/08 6:41 AM) Reply
I love this! Thanks for such a great review and the tip to keep the facings!
MagpieJen said... (5/30/08 1:24 AM) Reply
I love the fabric!! I see what you mean about how sweet the belt draping is and how it's a bit lost in the print. But the print is just so fantastic, so I guess this just means you'll have to make another with the dark contrast band :-)
Karen6790 said... (5/29/08 9:56 PM) Reply
Melissa's right - you are the energizer bunny with a serger. And I'm glad you are, because you get to so many of these patterns ahead of me and do half the work. Once again, thanks - love the dress, great review.
MelissaB in WA said... (5/29/08 7:50 PM) Reply
Love the dress! Do you have a battery pack or something??? You get more sewing done than anyone I know, I swear you must never sleep! And you even have a job away from home, you go girl! :-)
michellep74 said... (5/29/08 6:46 PM) Reply
Another great version of this dress! Congrats--it looks great on you!
Ladyslipper said... (5/29/08 6:40 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress. I like your solution to the buckle. I have this dress on my to do list but couldn't find a nice buckle at JoAnn's or Hancock Fabrics.
Twinset said... (5/29/08 6:39 PM) Reply
Congrats for this cute dress! Thanks for the very informative review (with pictures, etc)!
Gold said... (5/29/08 6:37 PM) Reply
Love that dress!!JIt looks great on you.

Pattern Work