Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2961 (Project Runway Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:ladybirdlove

About ladybirdlovestar
NJ USA
Member since: 4/16/08
Posted on:5/30/08 9:14 AM
Last Updated:5/30/08 9:31 AM

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
LizzM26 said... (8/24/08 4:51 PM) Reply
This patterns was design to make you feel like you are actually designing clothes. That is why it might be hard for some people. I found it great, and got a lot of compliments when I wore my shirt. I will use it again.
Winifred said... (5/31/08 5:36 PM) Reply
What a shame about all your work on this. I hope you are going to contact Simplicity about those pattern pieces. They need to be told. I did just that when I was only 17 and they had to admit they were wrong ( it was a question of the instructions then ) It did a good deal for my confidence after that.
Gelbean said... (5/31/08 3:47 AM) Reply
Your top looks great. I live the contrast of the denim with the feminine pattern of your fabric.
michellep74 said... (5/30/08 1:42 PM) Reply
I think that your top looks cute--maybe put it away for a week and then see how you feel about it? From the reviews that I've seen here, it sounds like the various views in the Project Runway patterns have been confusing to a lot of people.
Karen6790 said... (5/30/08 1:31 PM) Reply
Well, the result doesn't look like it caused you trouble, and that's what matters in the end. Once you wear it a few times maybe you'll forgive it for the trouble it caused. Congrats though on tackling slippery fabric, it's a real bear to work with sometimes.
Kellie R. said... (5/30/08 10:02 AM) Reply
Despite the troubles, you did a great job on this. Slippery fabrics are tough to work with. You wouldn't know that it gave you some fits. Fab job.
Nancywin said... (5/30/08 10:00 AM) Reply
Even though you had a lot of troubles, I think you did a great job/save on this. This type of fabric is difficult to work with and the style itself is involved to say the least. Good job for your perseverance. I'm sure you learned a lot in the process anyway, and the top does look cute.
mollyshark said... (5/30/08 9:38 AM) Reply
I just bought this same material for a very different style dress. Going to be making a similar Runway pattern though and I'm really seeing mixed reviews on them. I'd better check out which piece is which before I dig in! Silky is a little difficult to deal with because of the sliding around. You were brave to start with it. But you know, it looks very cute! Don't sweat it.

BurdaStyle Downloadable 122 05/2011