Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9461 (Tank top/vest A)

Reviewed by:Kbenco

Other Projects by Kbenco using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

SewLil said... (6/12/08 6:36 PM) Reply
OH, I love what you did with the gray one. Very cute and comfy
Annette1 said... (6/11/08 10:17 PM) Reply
Well, I'm so glad your daughter enjoys sewing. Before I found PR, I thought I was the only person on the PLANET who sewed, and I CERTAINLY didn't know any young people who sewed. I've tried to get my nieces interested (they're grown now), but so far, no luck. One of them has really weird taste -- ha! -- and I keep telling her she could make ANYTHING she wanted, ANY WAY she wanted, if she sewed. I wish you could see the CRAP (that's the only word for it) that she orders out of these catalogs at ridiculous prices, so cheaply made they're almost like a Halloween costume. Then my other niece has more of a Grace Kelly fashion sense, AND she's 6'2" (I think she's actually more like 6'4") with a 38-inch inseam, long arms and short waist, so you can imagine how limited her choices are. Unfortunately, THEY WON'T LISTEN TO THEIR AUNTIE ANNETTE! :O)
Kbenco said... (6/11/08 8:52 PM) Reply
Annette, you are so kind! I am really proud of my daughter's sewing. She is 10, and has made about 4 wearable garments so far, so I have great hopes that she will take to sewing. I am a bit obsessive about my fabric, I remember far too much about every piece, although there are some mysteries lurking in my stash.
Annette1 said... (6/11/08 5:46 PM) Reply
Wow, I'm impressed! Your daughter made her pants herself, and look how nicely they fit. :o) I'm equally impressed that you can remember when you bought the fabric in your stash. :o) I can't even remember WHAT I bought, much less when. I love these little tops. They fit just right through the neck and the armhole area, and the COLORS are so pretty. I really like that beige one wiht the little pink heart and trim. :o) Great job!
Heatherbelle said... (5/31/08 3:12 PM) Reply
Great versatile top - like you with this pattern I find that girl's patterns from the Big 4 companies are often far too wide on my daughter. I was in Spotlight the other day in Wellington, nearly bought knit fabric and then thought no, I haven't had good experience with them considering that they are not cheap!
sew42mom said... (5/31/08 12:32 PM) Reply
I love the idea of how you finished off the neckline and the arms. I will probably steal your idea when I make a top for one of my girls!

by: valgal