Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5500 (Knight and prince costumes)

Reviewed by:salruss

About salrussstar
Member since: 6/16/07
Posted on:5/31/08 6:13 PM
Last Updated:5/31/08 6:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes    Kids(boys & girls)
ashlynsbowtique said... (10/24/11 1:44 PM) Reply
Your costume is soo cute! I'm on here today looking at review for this pattern because I'm literally in the middle of making it for my son and just CAN'T figure out how to turn the thing!! I'm thinking I may serge the ends and hem under as well. Beats struggling with it and having to rip it out again....the instructions are horrible. I hope it's not as bad once I get to the armour. I'm nervous! lol
shar5868 said... (10/31/08 5:14 PM) Reply
i am so glad i read this review. i am making this pattern and for days i have frustrated over not being able to turn it right side out. i am now going to rip the bottom out and tun and hand stitch. i called mc calls...they neer called back. i emailed them too, still have not heard from them.
SuperJessie said... (10/21/08 11:56 PM) Reply
I wish I had read this before I bought the pattern. I had such a difficult time turning the tunic after stitching the lining to the garment. I ended up doing something that made no sense at all - and it worked. My applique is now peeling off. More work to be done.
wvsher said... (6/1/08 10:20 PM) Reply
That is so inspiring, the costume/book gift combination. The costume is simply adorable, and he looks so cute and happy in it. Thanks for the review and warning about the instructions.
salruss said... (6/1/08 8:19 AM) Reply
It was actually a birthday present for a dear little friend. I made it to go along with a book called "I'd Be Your Hero."
sew42mom said... (5/31/08 10:34 PM) Reply
Great picture! Did you make this costume just for fun?
Kbenco said... (5/31/08 7:06 PM) Reply
Your project was obviously a success, as that is a look of great satisfaction on the knight in the photograph! I am sorry the construction was such a horrible experience for you, thanks for your review pointing out the difficulties.

Kwik Sew 2821