Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Advance Pattern Company> 8599 (Girls dress or slip)

Reviewed by:vespabelle

About vespabellestar
OR USA
Member since: 9/18/03
Posted on:5/31/08 6:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Primatoidefutile said... (6/8/08 4:48 AM) Reply
I like the dress and the combination of shapes and colors very much (plus, it is a twirly dress, I spent my childhood longing for this kind of dresses, could never have enough)
lilyofthevalley said... (6/5/08 6:11 PM) Reply
OMG, Vespabelle, when I clicked on your Project Photo of your sweet and lean little Darling, I had a major deja vu flashback! Not only as a child did I HAVE this dress in green and white (made by my Aunt), but the dress was taken back to add the same solid color bodice piece to accommodate for my unexpected height. History has repeated itself! And you've made this little dress as beautifully as my Aunt did for me. Thanks for the Memories. -Lily
CarolynGM said... (6/4/08 4:18 PM) Reply
Your daughter looks quite pleased to be wearing your creation. It's a charming dress for a little girl.
Heatherrique said... (6/4/08 7:48 AM) Reply
This is such a delightfully beautiful dress! I adore your take on this vintage giving it a modern edge, yet timeless appeal! Spectacular and clever use of color, fabric, and detailing! Your daughter is a sparkling jewel!
bell N said... (6/3/08 7:44 AM) Reply
I hope we never live in a world where little girls don't like twirly dresses. I like the style and the material you chose. I'm trying to narrow down my vote for the vintage contest, and this is certainly one of the top 5. So hard to choose.
Kellie R. said... (6/1/08 11:32 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! You did such a great job capturing the essence of the vintage styling and your daughter is just gorgeous! Fantastic job!
Johanna Lu said... (6/1/08 4:50 AM) Reply
Soo cute, and I love your choice of colours and print. This is the sort of dress that puts a smile on everyone face :) Great work!
Em's Summer said... (5/31/08 11:17 PM) Reply
Your daughter looks so cute and cheerful in this adorable dress! I love the cherry print! And great save on the bodice length! It looks like it was part of the original design. Doesn't look like a save at all! Great job!
sew42mom said... (5/31/08 10:27 PM) Reply
Adorable dress! Nothing is more fun than a twirly dress.
sew42mom said... (5/31/08 10:27 PM) Reply
Adorable dress! Nothing is more fun than a twirly dress.
pterion said... (5/31/08 9:30 PM) Reply
My 7 yr old daughter is looking at reviews with me and she especially likes this dress (me too!). The colors and print are so fun and the style is so creative! She would like you to make her one too ;-)
Kbenco said... (5/31/08 9:21 PM) Reply
The red waistband and skirt addition take this use of the pattern from a pretty dress to a beautiful, individual garment, so I'm glad it was too short!. Your daughter seems very pleased with the dress, twirly skirts are the best!
MagpieJen said... (5/31/08 8:38 PM) Reply
That is darling! I would never had known the dress wasn't designed with the extra waist and hem panel - they flow together in the overall design really nicely.
Tiner W said... (5/31/08 7:59 PM) Reply
Sweet dress!
Meggie LuLu said... (5/31/08 7:44 PM) Reply
What a CUTE dress!!!! I think my mom has this pattern; I'll have to look!!! You did a wonderful job!!!
cindy-lou said... (5/31/08 7:11 PM) Reply
this is BEAUTIFUL! Fantastically done.

by: butterflyf...