Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4699 (Wardrobe Elements)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:6/1/08 2:34 PM
Last Updated:6/1/08 3:36 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

fuzzygalore said... (6/2/08 2:42 PM) Reply
Oh, I second clin, if you ever feel like adopting another auntie -I- would be glad to send you every measurement of mine you ever need, and let you publish them on the web no less :-). Seriously, this looks fabulous, and I'm sure a puckered fabric will be heaven in steambath Texas. Do you really not know anyone there who could take some sneak pictures of her wearing your jackets? I've been inspired by a friend who did a long-distance wedding dress with photo fittings to do the same, and it works. But it sounds like you'd probably have to be sneaky with Anna Ruth, she's not likely to button it up so you can see she needs more bust room or anything like that.. Sigh. Maybe she'll loosen up, with time..
Jane S said... (6/2/08 12:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for such a useful review...and I'm sure Anna Ruth is even more grateful for such a lovely jacket. I have this pattern (of course,LOL) but didn't realize there was no side seam. Now I'm inspired to look more closely at it!
Rustybobn said... (6/2/08 9:49 AM) Reply
Love the jacket and enjoy your reviews. I have this pattern and haven't looked twice at the jacket--until now! Thanks.
Karen8320 said... (6/2/08 7:49 AM) Reply
Annette, you've done another great job! This looks like a really casual, yet smart jacket and the fabric is perfect for summer. I like the shaping at the back and your photos pick it up really well. I think shaping is always a good thing!
Danvillegirl said... (6/2/08 6:48 AM) Reply
Another great looking jacket. I like the back details you mentioned. After looking at the line drawings it helped to see this feature with the fabric.
ITAdmin said... (6/2/08 6:24 AM) Reply
This struck a chord with me, since I'm in a "don't like any interfacing I use" mood. You made a beautiful jacket, though, and wrote a very useful review as always.
Kbenco said... (6/2/08 6:19 AM) Reply
I would have a headache if I had to match that plaid. Your matching looks great. I think this looks like a great jacket. Thanks for pointing out the interesting wrap around side front, I am now much more interested in this pattern!
carolynw said... (6/1/08 10:00 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous - Aunt Ruth is one lucky lady. Hey Annette - can I be your Aunt Carolyn? You can get really nice interfacing on-line - will PM you with my faves
hongkongshopper said... (6/1/08 8:25 PM) Reply
Love the jacket - I hope it fits!!
Darla in PA said... (6/1/08 8:25 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket! Thanks for pointing out this pattern. Anna Ruth is one lucky lady!
Mahler said... (6/1/08 8:16 PM) Reply
You made me laugh with this so well written and humorist review. The jacket is gorgeous and all the little squares match... time consuming cutting steps ! ;-) Beautiful. Will we see pictures of Anna Ruth wearing it ? Plus how is your hair going ?
Kay Y said... (6/1/08 8:14 PM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric - this simple pattern shows it off perfectly!
Peggy L said... (6/1/08 7:05 PM) Reply
Great jacket! You must be #! niece with the great clothes you are making your aunt.
cmarie12 said... (6/1/08 5:43 PM) Reply
I love the jackets that you make and this one is no exception! You always make me look at patterns differently!
lmg said... (6/1/08 5:36 PM) Reply
Pretty jacket in a lovely colour. Aunt Anna Ruth is a lucky gal.
HeyJane said... (6/1/08 5:01 PM) Reply
I want to be Aunt Anna Ruth ! I have been gardening lately instead of sewing, oh well. This is a beautiful jacket and that seam binding looks really pretty. Thanks for the info on this pattern - I would not have noticed the detail on those seams otherwise.
Athene said... (6/1/08 4:39 PM) Reply
Another beautiful jacket. Your aunt will love it. I enjoy your reviews so much - always full of good info and great pictures.
Heatherrique said... (6/1/08 3:54 PM) Reply
Wow! Another breathtakingly beautiful jacket for Aunt Anna Ruth (lucky lady!) Thanks for another helpful review...I like the tip on using rayon seam binding.... That would have been so useful for a previous project! Your work is what I aspire to achieve. Aunt Anna Ruth will keep wanting more for her wardrobe! ;-)
lilyofthevalley said... (6/1/08 3:20 PM) Reply
Annette, what a GORGEOUS 2nd jacket for Aunt Anna Ruth. The back shaping, the sleek front, and the unique sleeve cuffs, together with your beautiful linen jacquard, absolutely speaks to a Lady of Style from Galveston. I suspect, also, that this fit is going to be closer to the mark, given Aunt Anna Ruth's mysterious 'good fit, looser' remark. Finding her exact shape may be a multiple mystery-dinner-theater experience, so buy an econo size bottle of Excedrin. Regardless of precise fit (or no), there's not a Southern Lady alive who could resist this Summer Dream of a jacket. Quite Yummy, Lily
Beek said... (6/1/08 2:55 PM) Reply
Great review. Yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean about sheet rock interfacing. Why can't these chain stores carry some of the good stuff???? Anyway, your Aunt Anna Ruth is going to look great in her new jacket. Very nice of you to whip it up for her!

by: LM2HYD