Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7798 (Dress blouse and top)

Reviewed by:Phisch

Available for sale on PR: $7.46 $9.95 Pattern Details
viola33 said... (1/31/11 9:08 AM) Reply
Lovely dress!
Mufffet said... (8/17/08 2:37 PM) Reply
Love your dress. the color is very zingy! Good work. That neckline wanted to gap when I made this too and I stretched the fabric a bit while sewing the binding so that it wouldn't do it as much. the woven materials are kind of stretchy on the bias so this worked.
Mufffet said... (6/6/08 12:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Love it...:) I have admired this pattern. I think it would be good for a lot of different figures.
Phisch said... (6/4/08 8:33 PM) Reply
Wow, thanks for the comments, folks! I have enjoyed wearing it (compliments truly matter when my hubby makes them, you know? ;). It was really easy to do. I got over the zipper fear by not making it so invisible. It looks just fine especially since it's been 3 years since I have done any sewing (or at least since my last review). I'm pretty pleased with it and am itching to leave the house and head for a fabric store.
Vintage Joan said... (6/3/08 8:55 PM) Reply
So pretty! Thanks for reviewing this pattern -- I was thinking about getting it, and now I'm definitely going to.
Lucia/Lyonel said... (6/2/08 8:49 PM) Reply
What a great look for you! Tres cute, you should definitely make another.
Kellie R. said... (6/2/08 5:03 PM) Reply
You did a great job!!! The dress is so cute and fun. I hope you enjoy wearing it! Thanks for the great review!
Sweetiebop said... (6/2/08 4:05 PM) Reply
Great review and I love the dress. I've been sewing for 34 years off and on and zippers freak me out. Make the dress again this one is a success.
rockontinyrebel said... (6/2/08 3:48 PM) Reply
Great-looking dress! I like the blue fabric. I sewed some bias binding on a Simplicity dress recently that "puckers" out, if that's the same thing you are describing. I think mine was too long and didn't stretch enough, but I'm not sure. I might have to pick up this Burda pattern! Thanks!

by: Sheila457