Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1053 (Montana Suit)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

Last Updated:6/3/08 1:56 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants
kbrandt1 said... (6/10/09 5:37 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous on you! I picked up a great stretch cotton twill to make a casual suit with this pattern. I am taller and am thinking about lengthening the button placket on the jacket (I don't care for the space between the bottom of the placket and the top of the pants). Do you think this adjustment will be difficult?
Big Dog said... (11/24/08 8:24 AM) Reply
Wow, Erica! This suit is outstanding, your workmanship is beyond excellent. I picked up the pattern for 3.99 on sale and can't wait to try the pants. Maybe I'll get the courage to make the jacket as well. You look great in this suit.
Tina D. said... (7/8/08 2:45 PM) Reply
Fantastic job! Your suit looks awesome. I just recently purchased this pattern.
anncie1 said... (6/18/08 2:33 AM) Reply
WOW!
MareeAlison said... (6/16/08 9:42 PM) Reply
Great suit - it really suits you.
CurlyCrafter said... (6/9/08 11:38 PM) Reply
wonderful suit! I love your style and master craftsmanship!
Ann's Fashion Studio said... (6/9/08 7:25 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern and just love this style of suit. Yours looks fantastic.
DebJ said... (6/5/08 8:35 PM) Reply
Love the suit Erica! I so glad you made this so I could see what it looked like made. Now I will have to make it! Amazing work as usual, you are such a stylish woman and I have always enjoyed your reviews.
Athene said... (6/4/08 12:46 PM) Reply
Such a beautiful fit on you as always - fabulous suit and of course you look fabulous in it.
kim*brown said... (6/4/08 10:25 AM) Reply
Love it! Love it!
cathy45 said... (6/4/08 9:42 AM) Reply
Such a beautiful suit.
JDpenelope said... (6/4/08 6:50 AM) Reply
A tour de force. How will you top it? Just fabulous.
LauraLo said... (6/4/08 6:02 AM) Reply
Great pattern! Super stylish and it has pizazz indeed! You look absolutely gorgeous in it
merteuil said... (6/4/08 3:00 AM) Reply
Sooo elegant!
pterion said... (6/4/08 0:09 AM) Reply
Never mind about the contest deadline - you are already a winner! Because you have an amazing wardrobe with this stunning suit. Beautiful work (as always).
DorothyK said... (6/3/08 10:20 PM) Reply
Very sharp. Looks great on you.
mochalover said... (6/3/08 7:35 PM) Reply
Great job as always! Your suit looks fantastic.
Birgitte said... (6/3/08 6:03 PM) Reply
"This suit was just not an afternoon project." Lol- ain't that the truth! The suit is stunning; elegance with flair, and you look fantastic wearing it.
Jane S said... (6/3/08 4:45 PM) Reply
Spectacular suit!! You look wonderful in this and it is beautifully sewn. Bravo!
Luckylibbet said... (6/3/08 1:23 PM) Reply
Super elegant and classic. Fantastic!
JMarie1962 said... (6/3/08 12:14 PM) Reply
What can I say that hasn't already been said, excetp "Ditto!" (to everything) :)
lcavagnolo said... (6/3/08 11:34 AM) Reply
Oh my. You've certainly outdone yourself this time! This is absolutely stunning, and you wear it with style! :)
Linda E. said... (6/3/08 11:30 AM) Reply
Wow you look great and the suit is beautiful.... excellent job..
fabeins said... (6/3/08 11:03 AM) Reply
So gorgeous.
michellep74 said... (6/3/08 10:54 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous suit! You look stunning!
SheTee said... (6/3/08 10:48 AM) Reply
Erica, this is phenomenal! The fit is just amazing, and your details are stunning. I wish I had half the talent you do! Fantastic work!
Beek said... (6/3/08 10:24 AM) Reply
Fantastic! The choice of fabric works well and the execution of construction is superb.
Marji said... (6/3/08 10:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful and beautifully done!
Mahler said... (6/3/08 10:14 AM) Reply
Super elegant and stylish ! Bravo Erica. Your closet most be huuuuggggeee, so full of those fabulous creations.
Christina Sonja said... (6/3/08 9:49 AM) Reply
I don't know what to say except for - wow! Very hot!
Marji said... (6/3/08 9:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful and beautifully done!
Mahogany Stylist said... (6/3/08 9:26 AM) Reply
I love it! Beautiful suit. It fits you perfectly.
Puppy said... (6/3/08 9:18 AM) Reply
All the superlative compliments have already been used , but I have to "second" what everyone has said. The workmanship looks superb and you look long, tall and hot! I mean really!!!
mahalosu said... (6/3/08 8:51 AM) Reply
You look fierce!
Dei said... (6/3/08 8:00 AM) Reply
OMG!!!!! I bow down to your expertise. Down to the letter it is sewn and fits to perfection and you are WEARIN' IT! You look great!
MissCelie said... (6/3/08 7:38 AM) Reply
Well, Janet (or was it Latoya) should see you in this to understand how this suit is supposed to look. Bravo!
Lori V said... (6/3/08 7:11 AM) Reply
Fabulous suit and the fabric makes it even more stunning. All the details are wonderful but I agree with you the tab carriers are a very distinctive detail. Great job.
Tany said... (6/3/08 5:10 AM) Reply
Erica, you look STUNNING! What a fabulous suit! I've been coveting this pattern and now I know I want it! Thank you for this excellent review!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (6/3/08 3:42 AM) Reply
Fabulous suit, perfect fit and you still made this pretty fast even if you missed the contest deadline. I have a bit of a soft spot for Montana patterns and don't have this one in my collection - may have to add it!
Peacock Chic said... (6/3/08 2:46 AM) Reply
Hot Damn Woman!! you are a sewing Goddess. I have loved that suit and I love it even more now. You did a fantastic job as always.
SarahSM said... (6/3/08 2:13 AM) Reply
Really lovely suit, Erica. The fabric really makes it distinctive. (I wish I had to lengthen my pants by 6 inches!)
Annette1 said... (6/3/08 2:09 AM) Reply
Claude Montana is one of my favorite designers, and you certainly do him justice! What a fabulous suit in every single way. You look like a million bucks!

SewBaby Terrific Teepees Pattern