JStern Womens Jeans and JStern Misses Jeans">Blueprints to Blue Jeans Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4819 (Women's Shirt)

Reviewed by:Annette1

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus
Debbie Cook said... (1/4/09 2:10 AM) Reply
So I just made this top this weekend. I had problems with the darts too, and I did do a FBA. Something is just wrong there. And that facing ... I should've re-read this review before I started. I like the look of the blouse on the envelope but I think it's going to be less work to convert a TNT with a side bust dart and real front facing into this style with the open waist dart.
Debbie Cook said... (6/21/08 1:05 PM) Reply
Great next version too. I almost bought this pattern the other week based on your first review but had a brain fade at the store and couldn't remember if the one I had in hand was this one. It was. And so I felt let down when I got home. :wink: But it's seared into the brain now and I will get it next time I'm at J's/H's at the same time as a B'ick sale.
mkhpaintsew said... (6/9/08 11:11 PM) Reply
Very nice! The fit looks perfect.
USMCMom said... (6/9/08 0:33 AM) Reply
What can I say that hasn't already been said? First, I absolutely love your fabric---cute, but sophisticated and casual. And what a great review! No detail left to the imagination. And for a newcomer like me, reviews like this are more helpful than I can say. Thanks so much! Oh, and I think it looks great on you!
Mahler said... (6/8/08 9:27 PM) Reply
This new bleu version is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!! oh well as usal.
rivergum said... (6/8/08 6:10 PM) Reply
Very pretty shirt and beautifully made, as usual. It looks very classy on you.
Kay Y said... (6/8/08 4:41 PM) Reply
"SRP3" - tee hee! I have a few (dozen) of those myself! But you knew exactly where to look for the perfect fabric to make another of these lovely shirts. I am very fond of this one too. Keep it up!
2BSewing said... (6/8/08 4:35 PM) Reply
Your blue floral jacket is very pretty. I had a nice chuckle about your fabric pile...because I can totally relate. I probably have more piles than you. :) Love the hooks you used. Very unique. Well done!
Karen8320 said... (6/8/08 7:30 AM) Reply
Nice work, Annette. Only you know about the snugness of the fit because the photo of the buttoned shirt looks good. However, I do think it will look absolutely fabulous unbuttoned and with a tank top underneath. I'm now looking forward to seeing what you do with it when you make it again!
mClones said... (6/7/08 10:45 PM) Reply
Very becoming on you.
angie.a said... (6/7/08 8:57 AM) Reply
Annette, I would never have guessed it didn't fit well, it looks great! Love the color. If it's too tight in the bust area (it doesn't seem to be, it just looks like a nicely fitted top!) you could wear it unbuttoned a little with a cami under it maybe?
Heatherrique said... (6/7/08 0:02 AM) Reply
Tres merveilleuse, Annette! I missed seeing you model your "better than RTW" creations. I adore the flattering design and the amazing fit! The length looks fine to me and that smashing collar! I want a shirt with that collar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You inspired me to make more shirts! Thanks for sharing another informative and enjoyable review!
kim*brown said... (6/6/08 4:32 PM) Reply
Ok...this truly fits you great. Great color, lines and style on you!
mkhpaintsew said... (6/6/08 11:07 AM) Reply
I think this is a nice top. Normally I would never mention this, but since you did, I do think the bust area is a bit too snug. The buttons seem to be pulling a bit. As a plus size woman, that would bother me, but maybe that is just me.
Dee2 said... (6/5/08 11:42 PM) Reply
I think you look great in this blouse. The fabric is very pretty & I love the color on you.
Kay Y said... (6/5/08 9:06 PM) Reply
Add my voice to those who really like this on you, even though you complain it is too short and fitted. Wear it with pride as it suits you very well.
Sewing Jane said... (6/5/08 7:58 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! The pattern is on my to do list.
carolynw said... (6/5/08 7:04 PM) Reply
Oh Annette you make me laugh- I really, really like your top - I think the length looks "short and sassy". Not sure about wearing it open without a cami LOL. Thanks for such a wonderful review and I will now be off to get this pattern.
Peggy L said... (6/5/08 5:12 PM) Reply
I'm another one who thinks it looks great on you! Great review.
HeyJane said... (6/5/08 5:00 PM) Reply
Love the shirt and your pattern improvements. I'm sure your next one will be exactly the way you want it. You're right about odd numbered visuals. Professional landscapers do the same, if you notice they will always plant shrubs, etc. in odd numbers.
lilyofthevalley said... (6/5/08 4:59 PM) Reply
Initial sidenote: Annette, what a beautiful woman you are! (And could you please fed-ex me your full luscious lips and hair?) Now, the blouse: I agree with Mahler that it looks very *fine* indeed in its fitted mode, and I do love the front vertical darts having so much bias in the sew-up. It's not nearly as snug as you imagine, so give it a try. Your review, as usual, leaves us a very content 'fly on the wall' view of your creative and technical process. I'm in awe of your talent. -Lily
CurlyCrafter said... (6/5/08 3:14 PM) Reply
I think it looks like it came out great, too! I wouldn't be able to tell you had any difficulty at all and it looks very flattering on you.
ryan's mom said... (6/5/08 1:37 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh! I would have never realized looking at your pic that you had any issues with your blouse. It looks terrific on you!!!
Mahler said... (6/5/08 1:00 PM) Reply
Annette, if it is too small, well it does not show. Oh well I admit liking tight clothes... If you do not feel comfortable, a tank top with the shirt open will be beautiful. Plus your hair looks so god like that. Very luscious ! For using nipple, as a biologist, we use that word as a technical word. It is very decent. For the disappearing reviews, click on your name, you will see the full table of your reviews. The ones not showing on the review gallery are missing the thumbnail picture that's it. Deepika can erase the double buble. thank you for those great reviews.
Luckylibbet said... (6/5/08 12:28 PM) Reply
My first thought was 'What a great fitted blouse' and after reading your review realized that was so not your intention! But it looks absolutely terrif on you - esp that gorgeous to-die-for red! and as always your sewing is wonderful. Thanks for ALWAYS writing such informative reviews!
Irene Q said... (6/5/08 12:21 PM) Reply
I love how this top looks on you, although it is much more fitted than the pattern envelope shows.
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/5/08 11:56 AM) Reply
I like the bias cuffs - thanks for reviewing this pattern and bringing it to my attention! The fit on you is fantastic - can't wait to see your next version!
Em's Summer said... (6/5/08 11:37 AM) Reply
This top is a great basic and looks really good on you. The length looks good, too, even if you think you cut it too short! Great job!
Mary Stiefer said... (6/5/08 10:45 AM) Reply
This looks great on you. Glad to see a review of plus sizes and love how this fits you. Thanks for all the wonderful information.
cathy45 said... (6/5/08 10:08 AM) Reply
So much good info--didn't know the plus sizes were based on D-cups. I love the blouse on you. You always add so much flair to your projects.
Beek said... (6/5/08 8:50 AM) Reply
Fun review and a beautiful blouse! I love that fabric. The color looks great on you.
Helen near Sydney said... (6/5/08 8:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for a great review, haven't laughed so much in a long while!
Grammy Gin said... (6/5/08 8:25 AM) Reply
Great job as usual! I left you a note on the Flicker site....hope you get a chance to read it. Ginny
Debbie Cook said... (6/5/08 8:16 AM) Reply
Uh oh ... looks like you have two reviews for the same blouse. Or am I experiencing some deja vu? But since I'm here (again), I'll say (again) how nicely I think this top fits you.
2BSewing said... (6/5/08 7:37 AM) Reply
This shirt looks wonderful on you. The fit is perfect. Well done!
ITAdmin said... (6/5/08 7:22 AM) Reply
I think it looks great on you, too. In fact I like it that length. I'm always on the lookout for a good shirt pattern, and this is cute. Love your fabric, too.
Kbenco said... (6/5/08 6:08 AM) Reply
This looks like a cute shirt to me. I am glad you are making it again. I think the more fitted shirt looks very svelte on you.

by: FairLadyOf...