Pattern Reviews> Contest> MY Pattern 2008 (Dior knock off)

Reviewed by:josie e

About josie estar
Member since: 7/31/07
Posted on:7/30/08 7:24 AM

AnneM said... (8/11/08 9:00 PM) Reply
Congratulations! Lovely, classic suit. Love that front vent; it came out so nicely.
Marji said... (8/8/08 3:06 PM) Reply
Very classy looking suit, and it looks like a lot of work went into this.
Athene said... (7/30/08 9:26 PM) Reply
A very attractive and appealing suit. You have done a lot of work - I look forward to seeing a picture of you in it on PR sometime in the future.
nancy2001 said... (7/30/08 10:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful little suit that captures the style and spirit of the designer original.
Johanna Lu said... (7/30/08 8:57 AM) Reply
Great looking suit. You've done a great work with all the details, I esp love the high skirt waist with the fabric covered belt and the draped front placket. I saw a picture of CBS in this suit too, stepping out of a plane and I was completely blown away.
JenniferBee said... (7/9/08 4:20 AM) Reply
Very interesting process, I'm looking forward to the finished product
echolalia said... (7/3/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Hi Josie, nice to see yet another Australian reviewing. I have made a couple of garments using vintage patterns in recent months and I love the kimono sleeve with gusset - gives a fabulously close fit without restricting movement. Makes the layout difficult sometimes - particularly as we are not used to seeing this style. Either the garment front & back or the sleeve are on the cross-grain unless the entire thing is on the bias. I'm looking forward to seeing the final suit.
josie e said... (6/12/08 10:08 AM) Reply
Hi Petro, to be truthful I haven't done more than plan that bit in my head - it's been a busy week. I'm actually planning to do a modified raglan sleeve cut on with a yoke. I have a good set of illustrations in Aldritch's book on tailored jackets for women. I try to avoid gussets where possible they don't feel nice under my arm!
petro said... (6/8/08 2:45 AM) Reply
what did you try for the sleeve cut per the Dior example? I'd do a slanted kimono cut with an integral gusset in the bottom arm and bodice piece to get the movement. Is ths what you tried?
Laurasews said... (6/7/08 11:49 PM) Reply
I can't wait to see it. You really seem to know what you are doing. I will have to get the Aldrich book.
Pattern Work