Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4659 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Shirts)

Reviewed by:2BSewing

About 2BSewingstarstarstar
VA USA
Member since: 3/7/05
Posted on:6/7/08 3:08 PM
Last Updated:6/8/08 9:05 AM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Gendun said... (5/29/13 11:54 PM) Reply
BEST review I have ever read! Yay! :) Lovely print, too, btw, and I think your gut was right on the length. It's perfect!
HeyJane said... (4/19/10 1:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!! I was just searching for a good pattern to use for my sleeves and armholes class, and this is IT !!
Pleaides said... (11/29/09 10:09 AM) Reply
Really appreciate the details and it looks very feminine and flattering in the picture. Thanks!
denisedh said... (7/12/08 10:28 AM) Reply
love the details and boy do i need them! thanks for helping me get back into sewing and finding my "fit". Denise
imsymphony said... (6/9/08 11:56 AM) Reply
Nice shirt, lovely fabric choice, very cute. :)
JDpenelope said... (6/9/08 10:35 AM) Reply
The things we find in our stash! Your fabric made up beautifully and your sewing and attention to detail is meticulous, leading to the professional finish. I love my Kai scissors too, even though they aren't pinking shears.
jcortell said... (6/8/08 12:17 PM) Reply
good detailed instructions. Smart looking top!
Rhoda K said... (6/8/08 11:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and great review! Looks very good on you.
Riordan said... (6/8/08 9:58 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse and a very informative review!! Thanks so much for posting this. The color is great on you.
Aunt Gail said... (6/8/08 3:11 AM) Reply
Thank you for all the great pictures and your detailing of the work! What a great help it was.
Heatherrique said... (6/7/08 10:51 PM) Reply
2BSewing, this blouse is absolutely refreshingly stunning! I always adore your interpretation better than what's originally on the envelope! I overlooked this pattern, but your version made me reconsider! Thanks for the very helpful review!
2BSewing said... (6/7/08 9:10 PM) Reply
Ladies...thank you for your kind complements. Vonnevo...the previous reviewer mentioned a dropped shoulder seam of more than 2-1/2 inches. On me, it's more like 1-1/4 inches...not too drastic for me. I think you are right, those of us with wider shoulders would have little to no alterations (in the shoulder area) on this pattern.
Vonnevo said... (6/7/08 8:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Thanks for your excellent review, I am adding this one to my list. The dropped shoulder might be a blessing for those of us with wide shoulders - no alterations?
Gold said... (6/7/08 7:13 PM) Reply
Very cute blouse!
ryan's mom said... (6/7/08 6:58 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh! This looks FABULOUS on you!!! Susan, no more black for the rest of the summer :) . These beautiful floral prints are simply you.
Athene said... (6/7/08 4:17 PM) Reply
A very pretty look and finished very nicely.
Learn To Sew said... (6/7/08 4:05 PM) Reply
I love the printed fabric. The shirt is lovely and you just glow in it.
Aixoise said... (6/7/08 3:25 PM) Reply
Lovely combination of fabric and pattern, and you have the fit just right. Very pretty blouse on you.
Meggie LuLu said... (6/7/08 3:17 PM) Reply
What a CUTE blouse!!!!! You did an excellent job!!!! I just LOVE it!!!!

Understanding Knit Fabrics