Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1034 (Sandra Betzina Jeans)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

About MaryBethstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/1/03
Posted on:6/8/08 6:53 PM
Last Updated:6/20/08 10:36 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants

JMarie1962 said... (6/30/09 2:21 AM) Reply
I've been "away" from this site for about a year so am seeing this well after it's been posted but I gotta say - great jeans! I have some white (non-stretch) denim I plan on making these in. Curious though... pattern says "below waist contour front waistband..." but they look fairly high waisted to me? At any rate - yours fit you beautifully. I can only hope my end up half as nice. Great review - thanks!
Marji said... (9/4/08 12:55 PM) Reply
I just ordered this pattern, based upon your recommendation, on the BMV sale today.
cindyann said... (7/1/08 9:54 AM) Reply
Coming to the party late, but I have to say these are just fantastic. Love the designer details!
kathi s said... (6/21/08 2:15 PM) Reply
Great jeans and superb fit! I have that pattern and will add it to the "stuff I want to sew this summer" pile.
Catbird said... (6/21/08 1:57 PM) Reply
Thank you, MaryBeth!!
MaryBeth said... (6/21/08 1:42 PM) Reply
Hey Catbird: Rivet source: http://www.castbullet.com/rivet.htm. More info and fun stuff at http://thestitchery.wordpress.com/2008/06/08/vogue-1034-sandra-betzinas-new-jean-pattern/
Catbird said... (6/21/08 12:46 PM) Reply
These look great inside and out! I'm envious of your rivets -- can you tell me where you got them and how you applied them? I bought some from BeeLine but haven't been able to get them to work (they told me to just use a hammer, but that resulted in mangled rivets and mangled nerves....). Thank you for such a helpful review.
carolynw said... (6/21/08 9:34 AM) Reply
WOW and then WOW - these fit better than any RTW. Super job all the way
jlongo said... (6/21/08 7:45 AM) Reply
This is a great review, thank you! Your pants look fantastic. I don't know if I am confident enough to make them, but reading your review makes me think about it. I am a huge SB fan, and love her patterns.
moushka said... (6/21/08 5:55 AM) Reply
Fabulous fit, fabulous details, fabulous review. Thanks for taking the time to review this pattern so well. Definitely a winner. Sue
sewsue said... (6/21/08 5:02 AM) Reply
These trousers look fantastic, and what a great adaptation of the jeans pattern. Very clever.
Annette1 said... (6/21/08 1:16 AM) Reply
Wow, great-looking pants! Your topstitching is flawless, and all the extra details were really worth the effort, judging by the end result. I LOVE those flaps on the blue pair. :o)
Annie- oh said... (6/20/08 10:44 PM) Reply
Golleeeeeeeee!
joan said... (6/9/08 12:41 PM) Reply
Congrats, on the great execution of all those design detail....by the way, great lookin' tush.
Rustybobn said... (6/9/08 11:58 AM) Reply
They look realy good, MaryBeth!
Tailypo said... (6/9/08 10:59 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed, funny review. I am impressed by how those pockets look in real life. I was afraid they might be goofy. Thanks for being the willing guinea pig and slavishly following all design elements. They look really good!
jbsew said... (6/9/08 7:32 AM) Reply
great fit and great pair of jeans!
Athene said... (6/9/08 0:50 AM) Reply
Great jeans and a great fit. Also thank you for the very detailed review.
Patti B said... (6/9/08 0:08 AM) Reply
Wooeee, nice job! Love them. Excellent review too.
Lisa Laree said... (6/8/08 9:16 PM) Reply
Totally Fab!!!
CarolynGM said... (6/8/08 9:03 PM) Reply
Great job -- I especially llike those zippered pockets. You look marvelous in these.
Karla Kizer said... (6/8/08 8:31 PM) Reply
Mary Beth! Look at skinny little you in *white* jeans! Great fit and details. Absolutely fabulous.
AnneM said... (6/8/08 7:48 PM) Reply
LOL "measurements du jour". Great job, and glad you got good pants for your time investment.
Georgene said... (6/8/08 7:44 PM) Reply
Nice! The whoop-de-do details are wonderful in white for summer. I would like to see them in a simplified version as well. PS great topstitching job.
goldesdottar said... (6/8/08 7:43 PM) Reply
What a wonderfully detailed review. And the jeans do fit very well, too. ;-)
Erica B. said... (6/8/08 7:33 PM) Reply
Wonderful fit! They look fabulous on you!
Flying Seamstress said... (6/8/08 7:06 PM) Reply
Truly FABULOUS jeans ~ You look great!

Understanding Wool Fabrics