Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 575 (Sonya's Blouse)

Reviewed by:Annette1

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Other Projects by Annette1 using this Pattern

Jane S said... (6/23/08 10:49 AM) Reply
Your aunt is so lucky to have such a thoughtful, creative niece. I have the same frustrations with these patterns. I know they're meant to show industry techniques but sometimes I'd like custom sewing designer techniques instead.
Kbenco said... (6/13/08 10:57 PM) Reply
A lovely blouse. I really like your tips on how to improve the finishing on the facings. Thank you.
Peggy L said... (6/13/08 11:27 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! This should be deemed her "Yellow Rose of Texas" blouse. Perfect for the weather we have been having (and will have for the next six months!)
mastdenman said... (6/13/08 10:00 AM) Reply
That's a really pretty blouse. It will be nice in the summer.
Meggie LuLu said... (6/12/08 11:15 PM) Reply
What a CUTE top!!! You did an excellent job!!!
Athene said... (6/12/08 10:13 PM) Reply
A beautifully done blouse. It looks so fresh and clean in appearance.
Mahler said... (6/12/08 10:06 PM) Reply
Yellow, red, blue, green, in all colors you create wonders ! I would love to see pictures of your aunt wearing them.
Blooms said... (6/11/08 10:16 PM) Reply
You have a great eye for patterns...a very stylish blouse
Karen8320 said... (6/11/08 4:02 AM) Reply
Annette, I think this looks fabulous! The color is gorgeous and I love your choice of buttons. I hadn't noticed the curved yokes before, however I think they give the shirt a more feminine look. Sometimes straight yokes can tend to give a slightly masculine look to shirts, which I'm not too keen on. You've done another great job!
goldenthreads said... (6/11/08 2:52 AM) Reply
Great job. Beautiful blouse. Looks like pattern really works. I'll have to try this one.
Obrooks770 said... (6/10/08 2:03 PM) Reply
I love this blouse, the color is great and you did such a good job as usual!
Luckylibbet said... (6/10/08 12:14 PM) Reply
Flawless execution, as always. Hope it fits dear Anna Ruth - I'm beginning to think of her as my aunt as well as yours!
carolynw said... (6/10/08 8:43 AM) Reply
Lovely work as usual Annette - these patterns are on sale at a store so may get this - thanks for the heads up re the bands share your dislike of raw edges too close to where they can be seen
Fran G said... (6/10/08 7:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, always.Such a happy color! Lucky, lucky Anna Ruth!
ITAdmin said... (6/10/08 7:04 AM) Reply
Oh, love this color! It all looks perfect for a hot summer in a humid place. Buttons are very nice as well.
Aixoise said... (6/10/08 0:17 AM) Reply
Love this pattern (have made 2 of these) and your rendition in linen. Lucky Aunt Anna Ruth!
Heatherrique said... (6/9/08 10:46 PM) Reply
Annette, Aunt Anna Ruth will adore this! Classic blouse, yet modern, fresh, and seems flattering for anybody! Your version would definitely help sell more of the pattern. I see that it already has!
xtreme1 said... (6/9/08 8:52 PM) Reply
Beautifully sewn and very pretty.
Mary Stiefer said... (6/9/08 8:40 PM) Reply
I really like this one. The yoke and princess seam lines makes it a bit different. Very nice and I'm sure your Aunt will appreciate it. Please let us know what she says.
lilyofthevalley said... (6/9/08 8:17 PM) Reply
Oh, Annette, love your update! I too have a little flogging flap and while it is a bit disconcerting, it seems to be a fact of life. When I lift weights to diminish it, I get the triceps of Arnold Schwarzenegger; when I don't, I'm swaying in the wind. So far, I'm choosing the flogging flap. When it gets hot enough in Galveston, Anna Ruth can just keep her arms at her side ... and look gorgeous in her Sunshine Blouse. LOL -Lily
Elona said... (6/9/08 6:50 PM) Reply
Great review, pretty, pretty blouse, and how sweet of you to make this for your aunt!
hongkongshopper said... (6/9/08 6:34 PM) Reply
Lovely shirt. She could wear a long sleeve white T underneath if she does not what to show the arms. Too lovely not to wear. I think I need to go out and buy some fabric in that colour :))
lilyofthevalley said... (6/9/08 6:21 PM) Reply
Annette, I never knew of the existence of this D-cup blouse pattern and your rendition for Aunt Anna Ruth is really attracting me to it. The lines are so ladylike, and the yellow linen is smashing. How could she not love it? I certainly do! If I make this blouse, I'll heed your warnings on the front bands and top buttonhole. Another lovely for lovely Aunt Anna Ruth. -Lily
Enid E said... (6/9/08 5:49 PM) Reply
What a pretty Color! And I love your choice of pattern and fabric. Good job on all the top stitching, too! I just ordered the pattern after reading your nice review.
Sigrid. said... (6/9/08 5:39 PM) Reply
Wonderful niece you are! Love to read your reviews too. I can see what you mean wanting to do the front bands different, but they look good.
VtMartha said... (6/9/08 4:52 PM) Reply
You should publish your adventures on behalf of Aunt Anna Ruth as a book. It makes for very entertaining reading!
dbsewer said... (6/9/08 4:16 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse. It's nice to see a review of a Peggy Sagers pattern. I'm sure your aunt will love it. If not, send it to me :-).
JMarie1962 said... (6/9/08 4:15 PM) Reply
Your aunt is very lucky to have you as a niece! This top, as are all the others you've sewn for her looks SO NICE! I'm sure she'll love wearing it. Great job!

Folkwear 238