Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2806 (Scoopneck tops with ruching or)

Reviewed by:Deepika

Last Updated:6/25/08 11:07 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 42 people

Sweater knit fabrics

ASiverson said... (8/15/13 12:14 PM) Reply
I love this top, and it looks great on you in the fabric you used. I'm thinking of purchasing it myself. Thank you!
holla said... (2/14/10 10:38 PM) Reply
Such a great review! I just purchased 3 more of Jalies patterns, my sister picks them up for me in Montreal as I'm unable to purchase them in my small town. Pattern 2806 is one of the patterns I chose ...I really like the fold-over...but as I read the pattern, I couldn't figure it out.Thank for showing such detailed pictures...BTW...the top looks great on you.
Ann's Fashion Studio said... (7/28/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Wonderful review. Your top looks great! Thank you for the pictures.
jillzie said... (6/27/08 10:43 AM) Reply
this is a very honest review, i like the fact that you improvised the gather fold over problem. i might try this top, i would change the length of the fold over when i cut it out to see if that would thwart and difficulties with the drag problem, maybe a weight attached inside like a quarter or nickle would work too, okay you have me hooked i have to try this top now! and now i have a heads up on detours before i cut!
Gold said... (6/27/08 0:46 AM) Reply
Very cute!
Ella said... (6/26/08 2:29 PM) Reply
Review notes are great. Top is lovely. Model is goddess glam! Wow, Deepika!
Leora said... (6/25/08 8:06 PM) Reply
Wow. It looks so hard!! Very pretty top on you!
Sew4Fun said... (6/25/08 7:55 PM) Reply
Deepika, this is so incredibly helpful, especially the step where the foldover is pulled in so much it folds the neckband over. I would never have done this. I would have made sure the neckband laid flat. Thanks!
Immelu said... (6/25/08 7:29 PM) Reply
Ohhh, I'm glad this mystery is solved!!! I really, really like this top too.
MareeAlison said... (6/25/08 7:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for explanation Deepika and the photos which should help a lot.
BeckyMc said... (6/25/08 1:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for the update, Deepika! Now I understand. I love this top!
sewbehind said... (6/25/08 12:08 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! Thank you for a detailed second review of this top. The pictures are fabulous. Thanks, Deepika!
Georgene said... (6/21/08 5:11 PM) Reply
Deepika, I have seen this type of top where the pleated bit in front is stitched on to the foldback of the pleats inside, but leaving the front portion of the pleats free. See if that works on your next version.
Sweetiebop said... (6/18/08 12:29 PM) Reply
This was an all around great review. Photo, info and materials. what more could you ask for in a review of a pattern.
Deepika said... (6/18/08 9:40 AM) Reply
Guys, you are in for a surprise. I just met the owner of Jalie patterns in Quebec city. She not only showed me the pleat technique but made the whole top for me when I was with her!! I will post detailed step by step photos in my review later this week.
tod said... (6/17/08 10:45 PM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern and am going to make the view with the pleat so am glad to know about the pleat before starting.
marbroy said... (6/17/08 0:58 AM) Reply
adorable top! Love it and it looks great
Mufffet said... (6/16/08 10:34 PM) Reply
Very nice top - fit looks so good, and I love the fabric. I also love those pants - what a nice outfit!
Stacy Sews said... (6/14/08 5:55 PM) Reply
You look fantastic! I love this top!
Winifred said... (6/11/08 4:42 PM) Reply
This looks absolutely super on you.Interestingly I have a UFO from BWOF with a neck done just like this ( I mean the revised neck) Must finish it now!!
carolynw said... (6/11/08 3:11 PM) Reply
Jalie should hire you to show off this pattern - you look absolutely wonderful in it - love the print!!
sideseams said... (6/11/08 1:49 PM) Reply
Love the top on you!
RobinMCPA said... (6/11/08 9:17 AM) Reply
Great top, Deepika - it looks beautiful on you. Thanks for the heads up on the foldover!
JDpenelope said... (6/11/08 5:29 AM) Reply
Love the fabric and the final top, saved with help from Donna. Anxiously awaiting the photos from Jalie, as it seems their instructions are definitely lacking on this one.
Deepika said... (6/11/08 0:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for such nice comments you all. I feel so pretty and special! I wore this top all day today. I just want to mention that I received some really helpful photos from Jalie today which I am going to post tomorrow to my review. I might even redo my "waterfall" pleat following the instructions in the photos. I can't wait to make more of these. Love this pattern.
PVA said... (6/11/08 0:25 AM) Reply
Me too on *All* of the above! I especially appreciate the details on how to "fix" the little glitch with the foldover. What a terrific save! I really thank you for the review.
donna mel said... (6/10/08 9:09 PM) Reply
i'm happy i could help, deepika! the top is perfect on you.
2BSewing said... (6/10/08 8:37 PM) Reply
Great looking top! Love the tulip sleeve. Definitely love the fabric. Enjoyed your pictures and your review.
Sew4Fun said... (6/10/08 8:00 PM) Reply
Great top Deepika and I'm very envious of your fabric. :) Love the tulip sleeves too. Thanks for the details on how you fixed the waterfall gathers. I've been mulling over the instructions wondering if there might be an issue. Your review is very helpful.
born2bead said... (6/10/08 6:34 PM) Reply
cute top and I love the colors in the pattern. Looks great on you. I love your idea of getting one project done a month. Nice job!
ConnieBJ said... (6/10/08 6:28 PM) Reply
It is a great tee isn't it! I mocked up one loved it.
CarolynGM said... (6/10/08 6:12 PM) Reply
Great save on the pleat. The top is perfect, and the pictures are gorgeous.
cindy-lou said... (6/10/08 5:54 PM) Reply
Okay. I TOTALLY want your autograph now! Partly because you look like a movie star in that top (!!!!), and partly because you and your friend put your own special touches on it to make it so incredibly fab. I LOVE it! Can't wait to totally rip off your ideas, too. ;)
Dei said... (6/10/08 5:25 PM) Reply
Could you be any cuter! Great top and I'm loving that fabric. I had the same issue with a dress doing the same fold-over drama in the front. I ended up having to tack it down as well.
Birgitte said... (6/10/08 4:47 PM) Reply
Wow, you got some serious fabulousness going on in that photo!! The top looks high-end, the fit perfect. And how fun you got to use the same great fabric as in the pattern photo! Donna's solution was great, and is sure to help anyone making this top.
Annette1 said... (6/10/08 4:47 PM) Reply
Deepika, you and Donna are looking MARVELOUS, you in your brand-new Jalie top and Donna in her lovely frock. Together you've made this top a true winner! I really enjoyed your review. :o)
Karen6790 said... (6/10/08 4:37 PM) Reply
The style and fabric look wonderful on you. Congrats to you (and Donna) for figuring out the foldover issue.
kim*brown said... (6/10/08 3:55 PM) Reply
Cute, love the print!
CurlyCrafter said... (6/10/08 3:35 PM) Reply
Very pretty top - fabric and style on you. Great job!
Lori V said... (6/10/08 3:02 PM) Reply
Very pretty top and great review.
USMCMom said... (6/10/08 2:52 PM) Reply
Deepika! Is that you? You look like a movie star! Tres chic. I love that fabric and three cheers to you for coming up with a solution for that front pleat. Nice review.
pterion said... (6/10/08 2:44 PM) Reply
This top looks lovely - terrific save on the foldover! How nice to have helpful sewing friends :-)
dbsewer said... (6/10/08 2:30 PM) Reply
Deepika, what a great top. I've been eyeing this pattern and your review will save me a lot of questions on the foldover. The top looks great on you. Kudos to Donna for saving the day.
Eme said... (6/10/08 2:26 PM) Reply
Aw, so glad you saved the top! LOOOOVE the sleeves and the top looks wonderful on you. I'm getting pattern envy...must...order...soon... :)
michellep74 said... (6/10/08 2:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up about the problem with the foldover. I have a friend with a similar body type to mine who has a similar foldover RTW top that looks great on her, so I was particularly interested in seeing this reviewed. Your top is adorable and looks great on you!

by: Sweetiebop