Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8472 (Dress and Jacket)

Reviewed by:Annette1

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket
Sweetiebop said... (1/25/09 8:49 PM) Reply
Love this top and your review.
Secretsugar said... (1/25/09 5:22 PM) Reply
What a great idea to turn this into a sleeveless top! I'll bet it would look cute over just a tank top and a pair of jeans.
anncie1 said... (7/10/08 0:27 AM) Reply
Oh how cute you look! One for me please. Let me know when I can pick it up!
blue mooney said... (6/14/08 11:01 AM) Reply
Love the bold buttons. Great top.
Athene said... (6/12/08 4:42 PM) Reply
A very attractive summer look. Thanks for the very informative review.
ButtonFaith said... (6/12/08 4:19 PM) Reply
Such a NICE jacket for walking the dog! I don't look that nice when I go to the supermarket! Great job!
ocotillo said... (6/12/08 2:47 AM) Reply
This is adorable. I would never have thought of making the jacket without sleeves, but it looks great!
Karen8320 said... (6/12/08 1:23 AM) Reply
Annette, it looks great on you and I like it too! I would never have thought to leave sleeves off a jacket pattern to make a top, but now you've got me thinking ... You'll certainly be the most stylish dog walker in your area!
rockontinyrebel said... (6/11/08 10:57 PM) Reply
I never would have noticed that jacket from the pattern envelope! What a great-looking top! Love your buttons.
Peggy L said... (6/11/08 10:26 PM) Reply
That is so cool and comfortable looking. It was in the upper 90s here today!!
Annette1 said... (6/11/08 10:18 PM) Reply
Okay, Anne, you can have my hair if I can have your body! :o) Matter of fact, I'd gladly shave my head!
Blooms said... (6/11/08 10:14 PM) Reply
Very chic top! I hope your dogs appreciate it and I'm sure you could wear it anywhere with pride.
Mahler said... (6/11/08 10:06 PM) Reply
OHHHH ! Pretty, pretty, pretty. What a super top. Very interesting sleeveless interpretation. I love your hair too, I would switch with you tomorrow ;-)
Kay Y said... (6/11/08 6:49 PM) Reply
It looks superb - cool and stylish.
Sweetiebop said... (6/11/08 3:18 PM) Reply
Love this top and your color choices. The buttons are a WOW.
carolynw said... (6/11/08 3:03 PM) Reply
It sure turned out very cute - I love it - you are busy!! Glad I am too far away to run into you when I am dog walking (neigbour's pooch) - I would hide until the fashionable lady went by!!
CurlyCrafter said... (6/11/08 12:51 PM) Reply
very charming top! Great job and I love the syle!
Luckylibbet said... (6/11/08 11:45 AM) Reply
So chic! You'll be the 'smartest' dog walker in town!
michellep74 said... (6/11/08 10:46 AM) Reply
Very pretty top that looks great on you. I love the turquoise buttons! You nailed the fit on this one--definitely make more!
Lisa Merry said... (6/11/08 10:19 AM) Reply
That top is super cute!! I love how you styled it with the tank and the pearls...it looks like it could be dressy or casual depending on your accessories!
Puppy said... (6/11/08 9:59 AM) Reply
I LOVE that thing! I wish that were a current pattern! Great sewing/designing coup!
carnelian said... (6/11/08 9:51 AM) Reply
You've made such a graceful and flattering version of this jacket!
LindsayT said... (6/11/08 9:04 AM) Reply
Yes, I agree, very couture!
Heatherrique said... (6/11/08 8:53 AM) Reply
So clever and so couture, Annette! You enabled me to get this pattern! Thanks for your very helpful review!
Grammy Gin said... (6/11/08 8:39 AM) Reply
I like it too, Annette. You are so imaginative !
CarolynGM said... (6/11/08 6:34 AM) Reply
That was a great idea to make this jacket into a sleeveless top. You will be the most fashionable dog walker in the area.
marjenann said... (6/11/08 6:29 AM) Reply
Only you can make a summer look like like a designer original!! Smashing! Annette
2BSewing said... (6/11/08 6:29 AM) Reply
Awesome! I love your new top. I have this pattern on my list. I kept moving it down in priority as the weather kept getting warmer and then we had a heatwave. It's now back on top and your review has been printed. Thanks for all the tips on changing this jacket into a wonderful warm weather top. And thanks for the many pictures detailing your changes and tips. Great job! :)
JDpenelope said... (6/11/08 5:38 AM) Reply
Wow, I wear unfashionable cotton t-shirts to walk my dog! Your top is beautiful and sewn very nicely. Thanks for all of the photos and descriptions of your changes.
Schnauzer said... (6/11/08 3:31 AM) Reply
I like it too, very nice!

Lekala Patterns 4042