Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2957 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:pkimny

About pkimny
Member since: 2/12/08
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:6/15/08 8:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Dresses

fantasytartans said... (7/5/09 11:02 PM) Reply
Hey you need to keep up the good work. Your dress ROCKS big time. I have been sewing since I was 12 but lost confidence and am starting again. Its So Easy Pattern is a great way to do just that. I look forward to seeing more of your work!
Joanne624 said... (6/4/09 5:34 AM) Reply
What a pretty dress - you did a GREAT job!
Iwannasew said... (7/15/08 12:26 PM) Reply
You have convinced me to try this pattern! I am also a beginner and easily confused by pattern instructions, but your very informative review and your beautiful dress give me courage! Thanks.
SheriF said... (7/11/08 6:57 PM) Reply
This turned out great. Good luck with your future projects.
Sew What Teri said... (7/9/08 5:54 PM) Reply
This is a great looking dress, it doesn't look like a beginner dress at all. Seeing the finished project, I would buy the pattern as an easy way to expand my wardrobe. I often avoid the beginner type patterns as they often look home made, this certainly doesn't!
Darla in PA said... (7/7/08 8:05 PM) Reply
Cute dress! I hope you're wearing red shoes with it.
cindy-lou said... (7/7/08 8:09 AM) Reply
Hi pkimmy-- I searched this pattern and came up with your dress. BEAUTIFUL! Are you sure you haven't been doing this for a long time??? Thanks for the review-- I will search this one out.
Athene said... (7/6/08 2:25 AM) Reply
A great dress. I love the giraffe print.
CarolynGM said... (7/5/08 5:05 PM) Reply
Simple pattern from great fabric is always a good recipe for success. Your dress looks wonderful.
AnneM said... (7/5/08 12:01 PM) Reply
Lovely dress. Your fabric is very fun. The dress looks great and very wearable. Congratulations on your dress, following the pattern, and your new sewing hobby.
Sew4Fun said... (7/2/08 7:16 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress and your first pattern too! Fantastic result!
sb1280 said... (7/1/08 9:00 AM) Reply
This is a terrific dress! Great choice of fabric - you look great in it! I think the hem hits perfectly, good choice. Can't believe it's the first pattern you've made! Great work!
shesflipped said... (6/29/08 8:16 AM) Reply
Way to go! This dress fits you perfectly, and is made even more striking by the black and white print! Loved reading your review~I think thrilling is an appropriate word when your discover sewing!
kellymailinglist said... (6/28/08 9:53 AM) Reply
You certainly didn't need to make any other adjustments--it looks like a great fit, and well-sewn. I hope you enjoy adventuring out to try other patterns!
misscoleen said... (6/27/08 10:56 AM) Reply
Really nice dress. Looks great on you! And no I don't think thrilling is too dramatic of a word. I can totally relate to your feelings on sewing :)
dr. liz said... (6/26/08 10:44 PM) Reply
Terrific job! Looks like you have this one down pat. I'd have never known it was made by a beginner. You should feel proud!
Dawnsews said... (6/24/08 9:25 PM) Reply
great review! I too was a lurker, I just started to participate myself. I have this in my stash. This review(and that material) makes me want to pull it out and get to work!
edupraz said... (6/16/08 8:31 PM) Reply
Great job! Love your dress!
Heatherrique said... (6/16/08 1:51 PM) Reply
Absolutely amazing and eyecatching!
mochalover said... (6/16/08 1:37 PM) Reply
Nice job and I love your fabric choice.
michellep74 said... (6/16/08 1:09 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! I love your fabric. I started sewing about a year ago, and I'm completely addicted now for the exact reasons that you specified. Welcome to PR and congrats on your first review!
Beve said... (6/16/08 11:42 AM) Reply
You're a beginner? No way! Great choice of fabric for the pattern, great dress and great job!
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/16/08 10:45 AM) Reply
That is a great looking dress - you did a fabulous job!
kjcaron said... (6/16/08 9:19 AM) Reply
Pretty dress! It came out really nice and looks great on you.
donna mel said... (6/16/08 9:11 AM) Reply
what a great dress. i love the fabric.
Ronda Rae said... (6/16/08 8:19 AM) Reply
Cute!! Great job. It looks wonderful on you.
Gold said... (6/16/08 8:16 AM) Reply
Nice job!It looks fantastic on you!
Kath in ON said... (6/16/08 7:13 AM) Reply
Great dress!
tashainflorence said... (6/16/08 2:52 AM) Reply
Awesome, great job. Thanks for the review.
CurlyCrafter said... (6/15/08 11:34 PM) Reply
Great first review and wonderful dress. I want to get that pattern now! You did a great job and I agree with you that creating something beautiful, fitted, and wearable is thrilling!
pkimny said... (6/15/08 11:19 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for your encouraging words - patternreview is just amazing.
Vivienne said... (6/15/08 10:44 PM) Reply
Wow - that dress looks more Cavalli than beginner! Very nice work and excellent pattern+fabric combo.
Kay Y said... (6/15/08 10:42 PM) Reply
Your dress looks fabulous. You have every reason to be thrilled!
Patti B said... (6/15/08 10:30 PM) Reply
This is a great looking dress and one you will always remember. Welcome to the PR community!
Sweetiebop said... (6/15/08 10:13 PM) Reply
You did it! Great informative review with pictures and explanations everything. Beautiful dress and I agree shortening it does add to the va-va-voom of the dress. Your work looks excellent try another pattern you can do it.
Gelbean said... (6/15/08 9:56 PM) Reply
Your dress looks lovely on you.
Immelu said... (6/15/08 9:43 PM) Reply
Congratulations! That dress looks great on you!
Lori V said... (6/15/08 8:54 PM) Reply
Fantastic dress, you did a wonderful job. Congrats on your first review.

You Sew Girl Beauty Case Pattern