Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3422 (Men Shirts)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:6/27/08 11:18 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts

Jane S said... (6/29/08 3:57 PM) Reply
Eve, your review and several prior ones are truly inspiring me to make this the year that I sew some nice casual shirts for my husband also. this looks so nice, and you're right, they encourage and cheer on our sewing fun so they should benefit along the way.
mastdenman said... (6/28/08 11:04 PM) Reply
Nice shirt. Looks great on your DH.
FloraNature said... (6/28/08 12:42 PM) Reply
Excellent! Your husband looks very smart.
michellep74 said... (6/28/08 12:13 PM) Reply
Wow, that is a great men's shirt! I feel your pain on the men's shirting fabric. When I was in LA, we found a few nice, masculine shirtings at F&S fabrics, but that's been the only place that I've seen more than one or two at a time...
Heatherrique said... (6/28/08 11:26 AM) Reply
Such a delightful shirt for your lucky guy! I like the look of this shirt: slightly retro, better alternative than shirts with pineapples, pin-up girls, fast cars and very flattering! You did a superb job and inspired me to sew for more for the guys in my family!
Meggie LuLu said... (6/28/08 11:16 AM) Reply
WOW!!! You did such a NICE job!!! The stripes are matched beautifully!!! You did an excellent job!!!!
Ronda Rae said... (6/28/08 5:47 AM) Reply
Great shirt! I don't remember seeing this pattern in KS. I have another one that is nice but no collar stand. I just finished one for DH. I would agree with sewing men's clothing- it just doesn't seem stressful. But I actually did do some altering on this last shirt for a broad back and shoulders. I also agree about 'plaid'. I find it VERY difficult to find material that DH will approve of. Great review and great shirt. As always, FUN!
Elona said... (6/28/08 2:47 AM) Reply
This is indeed a very handsome shirt with good, body-aware lines. I'm always looking for shirts a little more dressed up than my dh's favorite Hawaiians, and this looks like an excellent candidate.
CA Eisenhour said... (6/28/08 0:40 AM) Reply
Hi Evey! what a refreshing review. I too really enjoy making mens shirts for the same reasons that you stated. Your DH's shirt turned out terrific! Now you've got me wanting to sew one or two for my DH. Thanks for the motivation girlfriend. ~Connie

Beyond the BoatNeck