Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 78166-1000 (Bishop style smocked nightdres)

Reviewed by:Kbenco

About Kbencostarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 11/8/06
Posted on:6/16/08 5:58 AM
Last Updated:6/16/08 5:58 AM

Kbenco said... (6/18/08 7:53 AM) Reply
Thank you for these kind comments. Annette, you could smock standing on your head, your sewing is so detailed and perfect, but I admit smocking is time consuming and an acquired taste (addiction)! I had not thought of using flannel, it would be worth a try.
Bernadette W said... (6/17/08 10:56 AM) Reply
Annette1 just said it all--your girls are amazing, and all work impressive.
Annette1 said... (6/17/08 0:52 AM) Reply
I am SO impressed! Well, I guess I should say, FIRST of all, that I LOVE this nightdress. I would love one (or two) of these myself, one in a batiste and one in flannel for winter (might be too heavy?). Would you like me to send you my address? :o) I don't think I have the patience to smock -- ha! Your workmanship is just BEAUTIFUL. But ALSO, I'm so impressed with your daughter making that costume! You've got two very talented daughters. Looks AND brains, a dangerous combination!
CA Eisenhour said... (6/16/08 2:22 PM) Reply
I just adore Bishops nightdresses and yours is a masterpiece! The smocking is just incredible. Fabulous work and great review! ~Connie
MagpieJen said... (6/16/08 12:52 PM) Reply
That is so pretty! I love the chemise/nightdress, and the medieval costume is such fun!
Elona said... (6/16/08 11:44 AM) Reply
The chemise is soooo pretty and romantic with the smocking and your lovely embroidery. Chapeau, Madame!
mastdenman said... (6/16/08 9:18 AM) Reply
Beautiful work. Love the smocking and embroidery.
Tiner W said... (6/16/08 9:17 AM) Reply
Wow! That's gorgeous! She looks beautiful in her costume!
Cornelia said... (6/16/08 8:22 AM) Reply
Lovely, and a very helpful review. Your daughter looks terrific and very proud of her costume. How wonderful that she could participate in the sewing. Another recruit, way to go!
Gelbean said... (6/16/08 8:04 AM) Reply