Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2007-03: short sleeve (Short-sleeved T-shirt)

Reviewed by:Rustybobn

About Rustybobnstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/5/02
Posted on:6/17/08 11:29 AM
Last Updated:6/17/08 11:33 AM

Diana M said... (1/5/09 11:02 AM) Reply
Great review -- I thought the first one was pretty good, but your final one is "made for you." Perfect!
Mufffet said... (6/18/08 5:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the in depth review on this pattern. I love the Ottobre tops and have made several. I need to make them a bit more full just for wearing eases now. Sigh. :) This is a pattern you can make over and over for years and not be out of "style!"
li'l miss muffett said... (6/18/08 10:17 AM) Reply
Amazing review! Thanks for the Debbie Cook link as well. I know I'll be using that a lot! The difference in fit between the two purple tops is really great, thanks for showing that.
Sew4Fun said... (6/17/08 7:16 PM) Reply
Nice tees and good review. It was good to see how you improved the fit with each version.
Peggy L said... (6/17/08 2:48 PM) Reply
Great review - I like reading all the fitting details.
bananaoil said... (6/17/08 2:42 PM) Reply
Not mind numbing at all! I appreciate your taking time to explain what you did. Now you have a nice t-shirt wardrobe. Next time you see some yardage you like, it'll probably take 15 minutes to run up a shirt. Thanks.
Rustybobn said... (6/17/08 2:34 PM) Reply
Thanks! I really enjoy making garment after garment by the same pattern and watching each one get better--well that usually happens.
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/17/08 2:25 PM) Reply
Thank you for writing all of your alterations out. I read it ALL and now I'm going to re-visit this tee pattern and see if I can get it to work for me!
lilyofthevalley said... (6/17/08 2:24 PM) Reply
Absolutely great tees. I love that you have two identicals; I do that all the time, too. Tracing is my most hated task; can't believe you had to trace twice - but it was certainly worth it, as you now have a bevy of well fitting, pretty tops. Lovely, Lily
marthamyers said... (6/17/08 2:23 PM) Reply
Wonderful review and great results! Thanks for sharing!
pterion said... (6/17/08 12:30 PM) Reply
I'm jealous of all your nice new shirts! They all look terrific and the fit you achieved with all your tweaks really paid off.
CarolynGM said... (6/17/08 12:08 PM) Reply
Good job on the alterations. I think rotating a dart out of the armhole did wonders for the fit.

Decades of Style 3009