Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8499 (Marci Tilton wearable art pant)

Reviewed by:bananaoil

About bananaoilstar
Member since: 7/9/05
Posted on:6/17/08 2:23 PM
Last Updated:8/28/08 1:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
jso4fun said... (2/1/09 10:42 PM) Reply
These look great!
mmemagpie said... (12/16/08 4:30 PM) Reply
Thank you for the detailed info on shaping the back side and how patterns differ in this area. I think your pants look great and think they should be worn for more than gardening!
TracyB said... (11/7/08 10:39 PM) Reply
I enjoyed so much this very entertaining and very educational review. The quick access to the photos made clear each point you made. Now, where can I find more bananaoil reviews
Luckylibbet said... (8/29/08 11:10 AM) Reply
Thanks for the updated comment - isn't it nice when you figure something out? BTW - I think they look pretty good on you, even as is!
Annette1 said... (8/29/08 1:07 AM) Reply
Well, I'll tell you one thing for sure, you look much better in the droopy-drawers look than I do. In fact, I think you look GREAT in these pants, front AND back. The back almost looks like a skirt, you know? They're quite flattering on you! Now that I know the L shape crotch curve = flat rear, I don't guess I'll have to be doing any L shape crotch curves. :o) GREAT REVIEW!
j222b said... (8/28/08 5:42 PM) Reply
Enjoyed this review! I'm going to read your other reviews now!!
j222b said... (8/28/08 5:42 PM) Reply
Enjoyed this review! I'm going to read your other reviews now!!
Plantwizard said... (8/28/08 4:27 PM) Reply
As a hard core gardener I'd like the know just how deep those pockets are. Can you stuff a trowel in them? My garden gear gets serious use. Jan, who gardens a half acre lot.
cecelia said... (8/28/08 4:01 PM) Reply
These look so comfortable. Please keep on beating your patterns into submission! Nice job.
bananaoil said... (8/28/08 12:55 PM) Reply
Blue Mooney! My first hearty chuckle of the day (and golly, it's almost one o clock!) Thanks!
tenaya said... (8/27/08 10:49 PM) Reply
Thank you for your fabulous and extremely helpful review! I think I'll have to force this pattern into submission as well!
Noile said... (6/27/08 8:16 PM) Reply
". . . forced the Vogue pattern into submission" Fabulous! I love your review -- I'm just making my third pair of these pants, and love them, but they truly are not sized for humans!
blue mooney said... (6/18/08 6:02 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern and am glad to see your review! They do look cool. Thanks for the heads-up; I will pay some attention to the back...not that yours look bad. Loose= cool.
Mufffet said... (6/18/08 5:13 PM) Reply
These look so great for summer! So comfortable! I love the white thread throughout!
Athene said... (6/18/08 1:45 PM) Reply
These look so comfortable. Thank you for the review.
Rustybobn said... (6/18/08 12:20 PM) Reply
I really like those. Thanks for the clear view of the back.
donna mel said... (6/18/08 8:01 AM) Reply
thanks for the view of the back!
Helen near Sydney said... (6/18/08 6:27 AM) Reply
Your daks look great.
pterion said... (6/17/08 6:50 PM) Reply
I just got this pattern because the style looks so loose and comfy. Yours turned out great! Thanks for the review.
CarolynGM said... (6/17/08 5:23 PM) Reply
Great minds think alike! I just made the same pants in a lightweight denim that looks just like your fabric. They are cool and comfy, and I agree about the pockets -- they're wonderful.
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/17/08 4:43 PM) Reply
Great looking pants - the topstitching adds nice detail.
MaryBeth said... (6/17/08 4:30 PM) Reply
Whoa! That back view would have stopped me in my tracks! Good on you to keep on sewing as these turned out to be very handy for gardening and hauling and doing the things a real woman does. Thanks for your version & review.
Peggy L said... (6/17/08 2:44 PM) Reply
I enjoyed your review!! We're having that same kind of "melting" weather. I think I'll try these for weekend wear.

Jamie Christina Lark Paper Pattern