Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2850 (Misses & Miss Petite Knit Mini)

Reviewed by:Lori V

About Lori Vstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/20/02
Posted on:6/19/08 4:32 PM
Last Updated:10/15/09 2:22 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
Joanne624 said... (12/29/09 7:56 AM) Reply
A beautiful top, as always!
Jali said... (10/16/09 1:15 PM) Reply
This looks like a winner of a pattern (and fabrics). All your tops turned out really nice.
Knitters Delight said... (10/15/09 7:31 PM) Reply
You should realize that now I'm searching for similar fabric! lol. I love what you did with this top....both times.
lbrundage said... (10/15/09 4:12 PM) Reply
It's wonderful, Lori!
LindsayT said... (7/22/08 10:56 AM) Reply
How funny that your top and Debbie's ended up being next to each other! Nice job on this, Lori.
Annette1 said... (7/21/08 2:32 PM) Reply
Great top! And check it out: Right next to your fabulous top in the review gallery is Debbie's fabulous top out of this same fabric. I love both of them!
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/21/08 10:49 AM) Reply
Love your new version - I have this fabric too - I need to use it!
shesflipped said... (7/21/08 9:15 AM) Reply
This is so cute! I have this very same fabric! I love what you've done with this~looks great with and without the belt. Fantastic!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (7/20/08 3:23 PM) Reply
Great top! Love the way it looks with this fabric.
Steffie said... (7/20/08 2:04 PM) Reply
Great top! The fabric is fantastic... and popular here on PR!
michellep74 said... (7/20/08 11:30 AM) Reply
Your new version is stunning! I think Debbie Cook just posted a version of the Jalie sweetheart top using this same fabric!
VtMartha said... (7/20/08 11:25 AM) Reply
Very pretty top! This fabric has been very popular - always with great results.
ryansmumAria said... (7/20/08 10:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful and stunning application of a border print. As for Aunt Gail question on the thinness of the fabric. I have learned to double the front of super thin fabric which is not so easy to do to get it to look good on the inside. I have made many knit tops this way and have yet to find the most effective method. However, the effect is much smoother especially if you are a little lumpy.
Kaitlinnegan said... (7/20/08 8:53 AM) Reply
Your new version is just lovely! That fabric is so gorgeous, and I like what you did with the contrasting fabric. Looks like a fun top that will dress up or dress down really nicely.
chrisquilts_2 said... (7/9/08 12:35 PM) Reply
The picture on the pattern envelope did nothing for me..what is that wonky sideways off kilter thing the model is doing? Your version is great.
LindsayT said... (6/22/08 10:42 PM) Reply
Nice! I almost got this fabric myself earlier this spring and now I wish I had bought it.
Sheila457 said... (6/21/08 7:58 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse and fabulous fabric
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/20/08 9:58 AM) Reply
Great top - I really like it!
Dee2 said... (6/19/08 10:38 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top! Love the fabric--it looks pretty in this style of top. Thanks for the review.
cindy-lou said... (6/19/08 6:59 PM) Reply
As usual, great review! That is a very cute tunic/top.
Aunt Gail said... (6/19/08 6:37 PM) Reply
Another great review Lori. But I do have a question if you don't mind responding? That top looks great but I can really see how THIN the material is. In your opinion, if you had used a THICKER knit material, would the unique neckline gathering been too bulky? I know I'll have to do a FBA already. Hugs and keep on with your great sharing!
Judy Wentz said... (6/19/08 5:39 PM) Reply
Cute top! Good job.
Meggie LuLu said... (6/19/08 4:34 PM) Reply
What a CUTE top!!! I just LOVE it!!! Your color choice is perfect for this!!! I LOVE the belt it matches perfectly!!!

Merchant & Mills Top 64