Pattern Reviews> Mrs. Stylebook Magazine> #150 pg. 55 (Blouse with puffed sleeves)

Reviewed by:madhatter

About madhatterstar
GERMANY
Member since: 3/27/06
Posted on:6/21/08 8:59 AM
Last Updated:6/21/08 9:01 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
JamieLiz said... (10/1/08 7:10 PM) Reply
You did a really beautiful job on this. It's very inspiring to see such creativity!
Annette1 said... (6/23/08 6:12 PM) Reply
LOVE your blouse, and I LOVE the hugely puffy sleeves. :o) I say, if you're going to puff, then PUFF, with no apologies! This looks great on you. I don't even know you, and yet I can just tell it suits your style perfectly. :o)
meli88a said... (6/22/08 12:36 PM) Reply
Those sleeves are so unique, and I love your use of applique!
madhatter said... (6/22/08 5:14 AM) Reply
thank you for your lovely comments! ^-^ @luckylibbet: the issue number is on the front cover in the upper right area, where the date is :)
amy in mpls said... (6/21/08 10:48 PM) Reply
SOOO Cute! I love the black with the applique fabric.
ALY said... (6/21/08 10:12 PM) Reply
Great job on this blouse! It was one of my favorites in that issue of Mrs. Stylebook.
Birgitte said... (6/21/08 3:20 PM) Reply
I like your version better- looks fantastic on you!
Markie1 said... (6/21/08 3:17 PM) Reply
Wow Wow Wow! I love this blouse. I didn't know about Mrs. Stylebook, but i am so gladI do now. Beautiful!
Luckylibbet said... (6/21/08 1:08 PM) Reply
Very unique! Looks so good on you! As an aside question - how do you tell which issue of MSB one has? I picked one up at Kinokinuya in San Francisco but have no idea how one tells, aside from the year.
DorothyK said... (6/21/08 11:33 AM) Reply
Very interesting blouse. I think you did a great job. I like the applique and piping. It must have been fun making this.
greenandlilac said... (6/21/08 11:33 AM) Reply
I like the applique.
Kay Y said... (6/21/08 10:58 AM) Reply
I know how much work it is to start with the little bitty diagrams in MSB, no matter how precise, and come up with a finished garment. This one is stunning! Love the phrase "appliquéd where no appliqué should be" :)
AnneMarie60 said... (6/21/08 10:51 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! This blouse combines the best elements of couture style and artistic embellishment! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring creation.
SewingSusan said... (6/21/08 10:41 AM) Reply
This is lovely. You did an amazing job. That applique is just incredible.
Meggie LuLu said... (6/21/08 9:48 AM) Reply
What a CUTE top!!!!! I LOVE that fabric!!!! You did an excellent job!!!!!
kellymailinglist said... (6/21/08 9:42 AM) Reply
Gorgeous applique and piping! This is something along the lines of what I was thinking I'd like to do, once I improve my skills. That curved portion must've been quite difficult to make so precise. It's adorable!
phthooey said... (6/21/08 9:22 AM) Reply
I've never heard of Mrs. Stylebook but I'd love to see it now that I've seen your blouse! Wonderful creation. I like how you have made this black blouse pop with the sleeves and the brightly colored applique!
mastdenman said... (6/21/08 9:20 AM) Reply
It's so cute. I'm glad to see a MSB pattern reviewed here.

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2011-120