Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Fashion Sewing Group> 1961 (pants)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:7/11/03 1:40 AM
Last Updated:7/22/03 1:16 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Danvillegirl said... (7/22/03 9:07 PM) Reply
Great review and I appreciate the fact that you were willing to make them fit right. I sometimes just give up when something does not fit right after wearing. Now that my sewing skills are improving and I can better recognize problems I am more willing to get it right. I have a few FSG patterns, not pants, but have not attempted to make any of them yet. Feeling more motivated now.
AnneM said... (7/22/03 2:20 PM) Reply
You have a lot of determination! I have this pattern, & gray ambiance lining to make the pants liner for myself.
Diane E said... (7/22/03 1:21 PM) Reply
Wow, Lisa, these pants are very nice. I admire your patience and perseverance, as well! The pants liners look great - I always wondered what pants liners looked like! ;) Thanks for the motivation to pull this pattern out of the stash and sew it!
Lisa Laree said... (7/22/03 1:19 PM) Reply
i would've sworn the link to the pantsliner photo was working last night; hopefully it's fixed now...
Lisa Laree said... (7/13/03 8:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I'd read so much about how great these pants were that I had to finish them to find out for myself. I just ordered the 'convert to flat front' leaflet, too... These may very well replace the slim-leg version of my favorite back-elastic waist pants, once I get the pattern tweaked!
Georgene said... (7/13/03 3:41 AM) Reply
Lisa, you deserve the prize for sticking with this project. Good save! They look very nice in the photos. You gotta love those 5/8" seam allowances when the need arises.
Gigi Louis said... (7/12/03 7:52 PM) Reply
They look great, Lisa! I don't know whether I'd have had the patience to persevere. :-)
SouthernStitch said... (7/11/03 10:10 PM) Reply
They look great!! I just finished struggling w/ a pair of pants for DD and I can relate to the frustration. Thanks for the inspiration and I am glad they worked out for you!
Peggy L said... (7/11/03 5:15 PM) Reply
Lisa - these look great even with all your "experiments". I was "behind the door" when waistlines were being handed out, too. Love this pattern and have just ordered the booklet for variations.
Sew Jane said... (7/11/03 12:53 PM) Reply
Excellent recovery! They look wonderful. You're a great inspiration in the perseverance department. (Esp. in how well it can pay off) Thanks for a detailed, helpful review.

by: sewing gen...