Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5479 (Jackets)

Reviewed by:Terri Smith

Last Updated:6/25/08 11:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Terri A said... (7/16/08 11:49 PM) Reply
This looks great on you!
Sheila457 said... (6/29/08 6:57 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket.
LindsayT said... (6/26/08 6:49 PM) Reply
Excellent job with fabric placement. A classy jacket and I want one just like it.
JMarie1962 said... (6/26/08 3:33 PM) Reply
You've done a fantastic job with this jacket and I especially love your fabric choice.
Mahler said... (6/26/08 3:08 PM) Reply
Thank you for this great review. Your jacket is great, really great ! Also, many people must tell you that you look like Lady Di... you do .
carolynw said... (6/26/08 2:32 PM) Reply
OMG - this is so striking - I love black and white and this is stunning. I would never have thought this pattern could make up so nicely - your modifications have made a huge difference - well done!!
Terri Smith said... (6/26/08 1:46 PM) Reply
Aixoise, Thank you for your kind words, but no, I did not make the pants. However, I will be attempting to draft from scratch my first pair next week. I am excited at the prospects!
2BSewing said... (6/26/08 1:39 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful! I love the fabric. You do awesome work!
Aixoise said... (6/26/08 12:51 PM) Reply
Great jacket. Love the combo of fabric and pattern. The fit is superb. As is the fit of the pants. Did you make those, too?
Aunt Gail said... (6/26/08 11:09 AM) Reply
Your attention to detail and continued trying on to fit, fit again and refit a third time certainly paid off! Great look
AnneMarie60 said... (6/26/08 8:23 AM) Reply
Fantastic! The jacket you made looks so much better than the RTW one. Your jacket looks great on you, too.
Jane S said... (6/26/08 7:09 AM) Reply
What a fantastic jacket!! You look terrific and I appreciate your guidance on changing the collar. That's a part of pattern re-drafting that can definitely challenge me. I love Lafayette 148 styles and am so impressed with your version.
Vonnevo said... (6/26/08 2:39 AM) Reply
Just beautiful Terri !!!!! The style and fabric are perfect.
Heatherrique said... (6/26/08 1:59 AM) Reply
Absolutely eyecatching and chic! This looks much more enticing than a very expensive jacket I just saw at Macy's!
Lori V said... (6/26/08 1:46 AM) Reply
Wow, wow, your jacket is fantastic. Your changes are perfect and they way you matched the floral pattern is amazing.
tashainflorence said... (6/26/08 1:34 AM) Reply
OMG! This is fantastic work. I love the way you matched the pattern, not just on the bodice but the sleeves as well. I love it and it looks so great on you. Bravissima!
Cheryl Reeves said... (6/26/08 1:08 AM) Reply
I love your jacket. Your changes to the pattern really makes it look like the RTW jacket. Good job.

BIRTH OF A BUSTIER - A CD Book by Kenneth King