Misses Sizes (Bust 30" - 44.5")] [Women's sizes (Bust 43" - 55")]">Fit the Tee to a T Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2008-124 (Knit Top with front gathers)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:6/26/08 1:30 AM
Last Updated:6/26/08 1:30 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
CurlyCrafter said... (7/1/08 7:24 PM) Reply
That's too bad about the goofs! I wonder when I'll stop goofing myself during each project, lol. Anyway, your top looks fabulous - it really makes me want to venture into Burda patterns. Great job! and p.s. Thanks for the kind words on my apron review - you made my day!
Jane S said... (6/29/08 12:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for such a fun and helpful review. I've made a few of these asymmetrically ruched tops and also got caught up in which side is which...I love calling it my preferred side! Thanks.
Sheila457 said... (6/29/08 6:51 AM) Reply
Very pretty top and I so agree with you on going with your PREFERRED side.
CA Eisenhour said... (6/26/08 8:47 PM) Reply
Wow Lou, smashing top! Looks fabulous on you too, and as usual, very informative review!. ~Connie
Kbenco said... (6/26/08 8:30 PM) Reply
Your version looks very cute. I am off to cut it out now, and will put the gathers wherever they end up, thanks for being liberating!
Karen8320 said... (6/26/08 7:33 PM) Reply
Despite all your trials and tribulations, this top has turned out fabulously. It looks great on you! What a great idea to add a collar! You have reinforced to us all that sewing is about making things that suit the wearer and if changing things or adding things to a pattern results in a flattering garment to one's body shape, then that is the way to go.
HeyJane said... (6/26/08 2:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful top, I just love the print on you. Hmmm, what a great idea to add different collars...I think I will take a second look at some of my patterns regarding that!
Birgitte said... (6/26/08 2:15 PM) Reply
I love the version with the added collar, it looks super cute on you. Thank you for sharing that, I might try it.
Em's Summer said... (6/26/08 12:55 PM) Reply
I like that you altered the style so it would be more flattering on you! And it worked, because you look soo pretty in this! Another great top!
Sweetiebop said... (6/26/08 12:11 PM) Reply
Whatever your goofs I think this is a beautiful top in your funky flower fabric Great review.
Karen6790 said... (6/26/08 11:51 AM) Reply
I like the collar! Keeping that in mind in case I make this top again. Yours turned out great, and I understand your "asymmetrical" situation - it happens to us all.
michellep74 said... (6/26/08 11:48 AM) Reply
Very cute top! I prefer ruching/gathers to be on my right side, too.
Aunt Gail said... (6/26/08 11:15 AM) Reply
Goofing up seems to me to be an integral part of the sewing process. I used to just get frustrated and throw it away. Now days, by reading PR reveiws like yours, I try to hang in there and at least figure what I did right and what I did wrong. Its so good of you to share your experiences. and the end result looks absolutely FINE! :)
nicegirl said... (6/26/08 10:26 AM) Reply
I love your addition of the collar! It really adds something to the style.
pterion said... (6/26/08 10:21 AM) Reply
Sorry about the frustrations, but it really did turn out very cute. Very flattering - both the style and the color!
Frogstitcher said... (6/26/08 9:26 AM) Reply
Isn't this just so cute. I think you're right about the "IT" top. It really is about the only pattern I was drawn to in this issue. You look lovely in it and thank you for taking us down your sewing adventure road.
cindy-lou said... (6/26/08 9:03 AM) Reply
THANKS for reviewing this top! It's the one I liked from June. Yours is wonderful. I love that you mirror-imaged the ruching to best suit you-- the beauty of sewing, huh?
ITAdmin said... (6/26/08 7:42 AM) Reply
I think the final version is really cute. "Learning experiences" are frustrating, but in this case, everything turned out OK in the end.
trinicity said... (6/26/08 4:25 AM) Reply
looks great!
Annette1 said... (6/26/08 4:15 AM) Reply
SO cute, I love it! I would have never thought to wear the gathers on your side of choice, but now that you mention it, that makes perfect sense. Red is definitely your color! :o)

The Technique of Underlining Garments