Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5223 (Misses' Jacket)

Reviewed by:trinicity

About trinicitystarstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 10/26/06
Posted on:6/26/08 4:39 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
dragonflyeye said... (1/30/09 5:55 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern and just now am looking it up on PR. I love the way you're using it over stuff, unbuttoned. I almost think it looks better that way. This may be my next project, after figuring out what colors are hot for spring 09.
Sheila457 said... (6/28/08 6:36 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket.
Sweetiebop said... (6/27/08 11:14 PM) Reply
That's a very cute jacket and white is great for the summer.
Fictionfan said... (6/27/08 10:55 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket, looks great on you. Your bound buttonholes are really special. Beautiful job! I have this pattern in my to do pile, planned for view B, so I'm happy to see how well it turned out for you. Thanks for the review.
Erica B. said... (6/27/08 4:13 PM) Reply
That jacket is so cute! Those buttons are TDF!
born2bead said... (6/27/08 3:57 PM) Reply
I have that pattern and I have to say that yours is much cuter than the line drawing. Love the white pique too!
Stitchcakes said... (6/27/08 1:10 PM) Reply
This is super flattering and very pretty!
petro said... (6/27/08 2:13 AM) Reply
really cute jacket!
Gold said... (6/27/08 0:44 AM) Reply
Very cute jacket for the summer!You look great in it!
JMarie1962 said... (6/26/08 11:39 PM) Reply
You just make the cutest darn stuff! And they are always so becoming on you. I love this little jacket and the buttons make it especially unique. Great job!
Vonnevo said... (6/26/08 4:38 PM) Reply
Very stylish ! Looking good Trini !!!
Mufffet said... (6/26/08 3:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful. Your buttonholes and buttons are lovely! You so excellent work.
carolynw said... (6/26/08 2:22 PM) Reply
Lovely and so right for summer.
2BSewing said... (6/26/08 1:58 PM) Reply
Great job! The jacket is fabulous on you. Thanks for providing the additional pictures on your blog. Also, thanks for providing the link to the bound buttonhole tutorial. Now, I have to put this pattern back on my to do list...to make the collar version. You did a wonderful job with your jacket. :)
Heatherrique said... (6/26/08 12:57 PM) Reply
Mega, mega, mega sensational jacket, Trinicity! Thanks for Tany's tutorial on the bound buttonholes! Uh oh......I just added this pattern to my wish list!
Em's Summer said... (6/26/08 12:51 PM) Reply
Your cropped jacket looks so cute that I want one, too, and just had to buy this pattern!
Karen6790 said... (6/26/08 11:43 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful jacket on you - the collar is perfect. Thanks for the link to the bound buttonhole tutorial. This jacket's definitely a keeper, and will look wonderful with so much.
maryfrana said... (6/26/08 10:24 AM) Reply
This is like a frame for your face. If I made it and it looked this good I would wear it everyday. Very classy and sharp looking.
PsychedOnSewing said... (6/26/08 9:35 AM) Reply
I love your jacket - classy and flattering!
Frogstitcher said... (6/26/08 9:12 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love the white pique fabric. This is the perfect jacket to throw over jeans or a sundress - perfect for every occasion.
Ronda Rae said... (6/26/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Great Jacket! Thanks for the bound buttonhold tute, I haven't done this type of buttonhold yet but have been wanting to. Your jacket looks wonderful on you.
nellc said... (6/26/08 8:08 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket, this style really suits you and it is great to have a jacket you can dress up or down.
mochalover said... (6/26/08 8:01 AM) Reply
Very cute jacket. I may have to pull my pattern of this one out of my stash.
merteuil said... (6/26/08 7:49 AM) Reply
This looks fabulous! I would never have thought that the combination of white with a boxy cut could end up so flattering! The collar is perfect on you!
Lori V said... (6/26/08 7:37 AM) Reply
Great jacket, making it in the white for summer is just fantastic.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (6/26/08 4:59 AM) Reply
I said it already on your blog, but it's worth saying again! I love this jacket, it's very flattering on you, the buttons are gorgeous and you did a great job making it.

ADVANCED SLEEVE - A CD Book by Kenneth King