Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2694 (Wrap top)

Reviewed by:Oopsy-Daisy!

About Oopsy-Daisy!starstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 11/16/02
Posted on:7/12/03 10:05 PM
Last Updated:4/28/04 1:53 PM

sewtall1963 said... (10/21/04 9:22 AM) Reply
Thank you for the steam a seam tip! I'll use it when I make this.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (4/28/04 1:56 PM) Reply
Sorry, ya'll -- I hit the wrong button and didn't mean to have the revised review reappear at the top of current reviews. I was just trying to add my tip about the camisoles.
LBJ said... (4/2/04 11:42 AM) Reply
Thank you so much! I'm always cutting fusable interfacing 1/4'' and it's kind of a pain. This will save time. And hat's off to your friend, she's a wild one!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (4/2/04 10:33 AM) Reply
LBJ-You can find Steam A Seam 2 (which stands for double stick) at Hancock's and other sewing stores. It comes in a roll either 1/2" or 1/4"wide -- sometimes you can get a double pack with both. It sticks temporarily to both sides then bonds permanently with an iron. Louise Cutting is also a big fan of S-A-S. I did another review with her vest pattern and it worked like a charm with it. Want to hear a funny story? A friend of mine was out of town and went fabric shopping, finding the perfect fabric and pattern to make the perfect dress. She didn't have her sewing machine with her, but she was staying in a hotel/motel with an iron! Long story short, she cut out her outfit and Steam-A-Seamed it! She has worn it and has since washed it over and over. It is still sticking together! Call it an emergency portable sewing machine! :)
LBJ said... (4/2/04 8:03 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! But what is Steam a Seam? I thought I was up to date on notions?
marya said... (4/2/04 7:58 AM) Reply
THanks for a really helpful review. It will save me significant trial and error time because of your fitting cues and that steam a seam tip.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (4/1/04 9:46 PM) Reply
Oops, guys, sorry! I didn't mean to have this re-appear at the top of the list.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (11/8/03 11:50 AM) Reply
3 cheers for the Wally-World $1/yard fabric! I also made the top again in a chocolate brown thin knit and it looked terrific. You'd be hard-pressed to find a great top like this in RTW for $2! In fact, I wore it last weekend to Quilt Festival with a remake of the Elle pants in batik. Ran into an old friend who said, "D*mn, girl - you look fine!" I don't think you could get a better accolade for this pattern than that! ;)
AnneM said... (7/13/03 11:14 PM) Reply
Looks very nice; good solution to the neckline issue.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/13/03 5:49 PM) Reply
Evidently my height is not between my neck and upper bust! ;)
Karla Kizer said... (7/12/03 10:41 PM) Reply
Okay, I'm convinced: if the neckline is low on someone who is 6 feet tall, then I would have to do a bikini wax before I wore it. However, I'll bet my daughter would consider the neckline just right. (Who raised that kid?) I'll try it and let you know how it goes over with the college-age crowd....

SewBaby Wonder Jacket Pattern