Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2008-124 (knit top with side gathering)

Reviewed by:Kbenco

About Kbencostarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 11/8/06
Posted on:6/28/08 8:51 AM
Last Updated:6/28/08 9:00 AM
BeckyMc said... (7/1/08 12:34 PM) Reply
OK, I think your top looks great! But I have to disagree with you about it making you look hippy. All I see when I look at the photo is a tiny waist and shapely bust. Celebrate those curves! I grew up in a family of women who always over analyzed everything in regards to hips. So my body self-image became distorted because of their hang ups. It wasn't until I was in my thirties that I learned by attending a sewing class and having my peers visually critique my figure that I had an hour glass shape, NOT big hips! Everyone was in agreement, including the instructors. I had been agonizing about hips for nothing. So, I would like to say to you: It looks great! Wear it!
Danvillegirl said... (6/29/08 2:40 PM) Reply
This was most helpful review. I like the look of this top. Like the beading you did at the neckline.
Squeezylemon said... (6/29/08 9:10 AM) Reply
Oh, to have a lovely waist like yours! I agree with everyone, this top is GORGEOUS on you! Thanks for a great review, will try this one (or at least add it to my long list of "Must makes"!!)
Annette1 said... (6/29/08 0:54 AM) Reply
Are you NUTS? This looks FANTASTIC on you! If I had your figure, I'd be flaunting this top all over the God's green earth. :o) And ACTUALLY, I think the asymmetric gathers at the hip are flattering BECAUSE they're asymmetrical. I'm planning to make yet this weekend that Simplicity pattern that has gathers similar to this, but it's sleeveless. I like this one with sleeves better. :o) I LOVE IT!
WendyGR said... (6/28/08 9:29 PM) Reply
Uh oh, another great Bwof pattern! It's amazing to me how much better these look in real pics instead of the stylized pics in the magazine. Great job!
figtree said... (6/28/08 6:18 PM) Reply
Looks great, your v-neck came out really nice. I still struggle with them.
Heatherrique said... (6/28/08 11:34 AM) Reply
Wow! Your top is absolutely FANTASTIC! Very nice neckline (thanks for the tip and your pattern piece with the raised neckline!) and I think the asymmetry really looks great on you! Glad to be of help and I am so glad that you incorporated your modifications to create a top that you can call your own. Thanks for a super review with your construction details!
Meggie LuLu said... (6/28/08 11:31 AM) Reply
That top is SOOOO CUTE!!! It looks SOOO NICE on you!!! You did an excellent job!!!!
MagpieJen said... (6/28/08 11:16 AM) Reply
Thank you for such a great review! I think you look wonderfully curvy in the top, and you did a great job persevering on the fit.
TrixieD said... (6/28/08 9:12 AM) Reply
This is on my to-do list, and your details will be so useful when I get around to sewing. i love the colour and the style. It's flattering.
dbsewer said... (6/28/08 9:10 AM) Reply
This is a really cute top and I disagree with your DH, it looks very nice on you. Glad you worked out all the fitting bugs. It will make a great wardribe staple.

by: Louweezy23