Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Sausalito (Sausalito Top)

Reviewed by:Oopsy-Daisy!

About Oopsy-Daisy!starstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 11/16/02
Posted on:7/12/03 10:45 PM

Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/22/03 12:56 PM) Reply
Thank you! I'm looking forward to making it again out of some other types of fabric, as I've seen/read about here.
Marita Kinnula said... (7/22/03 12:47 PM) Reply
Oopsy, that is one goodlooking top, congrat's!!!!!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/22/03 12:42 PM) Reply
I wore mine with a black short-sleeved Slinky knit top underneath. Any lightweight knit top, t-shirt or tank would work just fine, too! Even a turtleneck in the cooler weather (when, when?! pant, pant!). It would make a much nicer look than a sweatshirt for just hanging around, doing errands, etc.
TSingh said... (7/22/03 11:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review I'm glad you like it so much. That's encouraging. I fell in love with this pattern even though I haven't made it yet. I'm so glad I got a copy of it before it was discontinued. I'm a bit hesitant because it does seem so flowing and I stay away from cleavage 9-5. I'm sure I have loads of tanks I can pair with this for added wearability. I encourage anyone who wants this pattern to keep their eyes peeled and do a search on the internet. There are people who still have this pattern available. You just have to look a bit harder.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/14/03 4:07 PM) Reply
Hi, Deb -- There are copies of the pattern still floating around other vendors, maybe even on eBay, too. Another heads up: The Fuji Mountain Top has been discontinued, too. TSW still had some copies and I was able to get one last month. That's a cool top, too!
Debspuncturedthumb said... (7/14/03 9:32 AM) Reply
Your tops look great, love the 'slide show' at your click through and your idea with the pin at the front is cute! Since the Sausalito top pattern has been discontinued I actually wrote to them and asked if they could send me a picture of the layout, at least I can 'invent' my own pattern when I decide to make it and then maybe it won't be as 'overlarge' as many have described.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/13/03 5:52 PM) Reply
Thanks, Cheryl! I have some more but need to finish the roll. I really went nuts over them at the Houston Quilt Festival! I also made the Cityscapes dress, which turned out neat. The others are awaiting time and fabric...!
Cheryl Schwarz said... (7/13/03 10:29 AM) Reply
Hey Oopsy, love your SW reviews. Detailed and fun to read. Your garments look wonderful!!!.....cheryl

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS