Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5047 (Women's Jacket)

Reviewed by:NicholeMc

About NicholeMcstar
Member since: 3/26/08
Posted on:6/29/08 4:40 PM
Last Updated:6/30/08 8:21 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Enis said... (2/19/09 8:15 PM) Reply
NicholeMc, You did a beautiful job on your jacket. I bought this pattern too and hope that when I finally make it, I have a nice a product as you do. Great job!
Berniev said... (10/31/08 5:14 PM) Reply
I think you did a beautiful job on this jacket. You look great. I will have to take a look at this pattern again. Thank you for the review.
rjc said... (7/16/08 8:44 AM) Reply
Well done...I am so impressed that I am going to get this pattern and give it a try myself...I doubt that mine will turn out quite so well though.
mis_priss said... (7/15/08 3:18 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket, I love the fabric. I made this jacket a couple times now, The first time the sleeve caps were way too gathered for me, I think it looks stupid, and I won't wear it. The second Jacket I made of loosely woven wool and it came out real nice, I left the collar off that one, as I had way too much trouble with it. I used my dress dummy to pin the sleeves in first then hand basted them, then sewed them on the machine and they came out perfect that way. I wear that one all the time. except now it is comming apart in one of the back seams. I have to figure out how to fix that. I was so happy that pattern was so easy to alter.
Athene said... (7/10/08 7:34 PM) Reply
A very impressive job with all your first techniques. A wonderful jacket with lovely finishing details.
Sew4Fun said... (7/10/08 6:40 AM) Reply
You did an outstanding job on this jacket, matching the plaid especially. As an advanced sewer I still find plaid a challenge. Well done!
michellep74 said... (7/2/08 1:40 PM) Reply
Very impressive jacket. This looks fabulous on you!
Larkin said... (7/1/08 1:23 PM) Reply
Super job! Your jacket looks fabulous! Enjoy all the compliments!
ITAdmin said... (7/1/08 7:10 AM) Reply
Outstanding job on your first jacket. Very impressive!
marycds said... (6/30/08 6:14 PM) Reply
Great job and a nice review. I'm especially impressed with you seam finishes. I too will take another look at this pattern. I don't like the Crawford patterns without a bust dart but the princess seams may do the trick. Thanks
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/30/08 11:56 AM) Reply
Your jacket turned out great!
Debbie Cook said... (6/30/08 11:31 AM) Reply
Oops. Duplicate.
CurlyCrafter said... (6/30/08 10:57 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket - it came out far more than decent, it's great!!!
Mary Stiefer said... (6/30/08 9:57 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket and your details are great. Love all the information in your review, too.
Debbie Cook said... (6/30/08 9:36 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. No way I would guess it's your first. You've made me look at this pattern again because your jacket looks so much better than the envelope drawings. I've been having great luck with Butterick's plus size patterns so I might need to add this one to my stash.
echolalia said... (6/30/08 9:28 AM) Reply
First jacket - wow! I can't believe that you braved a plaid particularly with having to use other unfamiliar skills. Fantastic.
Carol B. said... (6/30/08 9:04 AM) Reply
Very nice job, Nichole! As the "co-worker" who looked at your jacket, I am so impressed with the end result. It's lovely. Your buttonholes came out great. You matched up the plaid nicely. And the fit looks good. Your enthusiasm, skill and perseverance are inspiring. I can't wait to see your next project.
Gelbean said... (6/29/08 7:14 PM) Reply
Your jacket is absolutely beautiful.
Meggie LuLu said... (6/29/08 5:02 PM) Reply
WOW!!!! You did such a NICE job!!! It's looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Deer&Doe Blouse Airelle