Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2804 (Empire crossover top)

Viewed 2055 times

Posted on:6/29/08 7:40 PM
Last Updated:9/12/09 7:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
FreyaStark said... (9/13/09 4:52 AM) Reply
Very snazzy - a great top. It certainly does flatter you and fits to perfection as well.
Coastal Connie said... (9/12/09 11:23 PM) Reply
I love the latest version...definitely a keeper for the wardrobe. I think I'd make this pattern...it looks very cute and flattering.
Coastal Connie said... (9/12/09 11:23 PM) Reply
Sew4Fun said... (9/12/09 9:11 PM) Reply
Dawn, I like your latest top, plus all the others. The cheesy kid photo is priceless. :) Thanks for the really helpful review too. Your review has helped me a lot. I'd like to make this pattern one day.
AnitaJ said... (9/12/09 8:55 PM) Reply
Another great version of this top! Love that purple fabric!
marec said... (1/31/09 8:05 PM) Reply
Fun review, and a cute top. I love that marine blue color.
angie.a said... (1/20/09 7:24 AM) Reply
This one almost snuck by me! Great save! Ok, can I just say that was an ugly dress? Much better use of the fabric! :D
renren said... (1/19/09 8:18 AM) Reply
Interesting on the elastic in the strap--just read last week at Tips&Techniques about putting elastic in the straps to keep them from slipping off shoulders. Also, the mini-ruching you did at the shoulders adds a really nice designer touch. My daughter's tops from Calvin Klein (and some others whose names escape me) almost always have these little details that kick the top up a notch. Also, what are those figure 8 objects for in your scavenged notions pile? Oh, by the way, nice shirt!!!
Lori V said... (1/19/09 7:13 AM) Reply
Great job on the refashion, darling top and perfect for your trip.
Barbara3 said... (1/19/09 1:19 AM) Reply
Wonderful, thoughtful review. Thanks for bringing this great pattern to our attention!
gatorgirl4325 said... (9/2/08 11:50 AM) Reply
Love your dress!!
shesflipped said... (9/1/08 8:33 AM) Reply
This looks fantastic as a dress, and is super flattering on you! Love, love, love the look with the purple tights!
Morisot said... (8/31/08 5:00 PM) Reply
Your top-turned-dress is cute and trendy! Nice.
Karendee said... (8/31/08 2:23 PM) Reply
Great dress and tops; you look great in all of them.
nannykk said... (8/31/08 12:51 PM) Reply
Wonderful
Winifred said... (8/18/08 7:03 PM) Reply
Lovely top and super colour on you too.
Peggy L said... (8/18/08 4:16 PM) Reply
Love your latest verstion. One of my favorite colors.
nancy2001 said... (8/17/08 10:16 AM) Reply
Great color and great style.
Elke said... (8/16/08 6:21 PM) Reply
Cute top! I like your fun ideas.
Ann's Fashion Studio said... (7/28/08 8:59 AM) Reply
Great review and the idea of re-using a t-shirt is a wonderful idea. The top does look very good on you. I plan on buying this pattern, I love the style.
Larkin said... (7/1/08 4:42 PM) Reply
This looks like a great versatile pattern! Thanks for the details - I love the reused T-shirt!
nancy2001 said... (7/1/08 10:35 AM) Reply
Very cute top.
Athene said... (6/30/08 8:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. If the size P is too tight on you, it tells me it will probably fit my petite DD>
Annette1 said... (6/30/08 7:54 PM) Reply
Great review, and a great top, as well -- even the sausage casing! :o) You wear it well. I really like the idea of the elastic in the modesty panel.
craftygamma said... (6/30/08 7:59 AM) Reply
I am not planning to make this top, but thanks for the old T-shirt idea! I have trouble finding lightweight knits for summer PJ's for the grandbabies at a reasonable price! I can't wait to go looking at Goodwill now.
anetJay said... (6/30/08 4:50 AM) Reply
pretty top , Dawn :)
Gelbean said... (6/30/08 2:00 AM) Reply
Very entertaining review. Your top is great. I haven't tried this pattern yet but I'm thinking I might.
Amanda S. said... (6/29/08 10:32 PM) Reply
You crack me up! Nice top, too.
Kim12469 said... (6/29/08 10:05 PM) Reply
I just traced this out tonight. I can't wait to cut it out. Thanks for the tips. Actually, I really like the old T-shirt one too!
CurlyCrafter said... (6/29/08 8:41 PM) Reply
I always enjoy reading your reviews. You have such a fun style and these tops are great. I think it's so fun you used an old t-shirt. I'll have to try that sometime.
Olivia Sews said... (6/29/08 8:20 PM) Reply
I just got this pattern in the mail. I have been wanting it awhile. This is the first time I have bought a Jalie pattern. It's a little confusing with the girls sizes and a maternity top?? I like the paper they use and it is really a cute style. Thanks for a great review!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (6/29/08 8:20 PM) Reply
Great top!
okie2thdoc said... (6/29/08 8:01 PM) Reply
I've really been wanting to try this pattern. Thanks for the advice on the up-sizing. I had read the sleeves are tight too. This looks great and I love the idea to use an old t-shirt- fab!

by: Sandi S