Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3575 (Dress and Tunic)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

Last Updated:6/30/08 10:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
iheartsewing said... (7/6/08 12:26 PM) Reply
I have been eyeing this pattern (I love the neckline), but was wondering how it would look in a woven. Thanks for the info. I will certainly consider a knit or look for a drapey woven. Are the straps in the right place to be able to wear a bra with this? Beautiful finished product, by the way.
Deepika said... (7/3/08 11:33 AM) Reply
I got to see this dress in person a few days ago and its fabulous! I love the neckline.
nicegirl said... (7/2/08 5:34 PM) Reply
Very cute! I always love contrast-y bits, and yours are perfectly executed.
Arbicuswoo said... (7/1/08 10:39 PM) Reply
That's very stylish! It looks great.
Karen6790 said... (7/1/08 4:46 PM) Reply
Loohoo, I did end up using Kwiksew's directions and making the back neck in two parts like they said, just instead of inserting the zipper I sewed up the entire back seam from the neckgband facing all the way down to the hem. I didn't want to lose the shaping of the two-part back, so I kept the two part neckband as well.
loohoo44 said... (7/1/08 3:50 PM) Reply
oh wow, I love your version!!! the print and contrast are fabulous together. I'm so glad my review was helpful, I agree the pattern is much better IRL. Just curious, since you were able to follow the KS instructions for the neckline, did you cut the back neckband pieces with the back opening as drafted? I think that's why I couldn't use the easy KS way, I cut mine on the fold. How did you close the back neck seam? Thank you!!
Lori V said... (7/1/08 6:56 AM) Reply
Pretty dress and such wonderful fabric. Great job.
svenskaflicka said... (6/30/08 10:45 PM) Reply
Want! This is so cute! Love the fabric, love the lines. Beautiful job, as usual!
narcissaqtpie said... (6/30/08 10:32 PM) Reply
Trust me ladies, it looks even more pretty in person ;)
LindsayT said... (6/30/08 6:24 PM) Reply
Great dress! I saw this first on your blog and thought it looked really cute.
Heatherrique said... (6/30/08 12:47 PM) Reply
Yowza, Karen! What a delightful and hot dress! You used a Kwik Sew for this? Wow! Beautiful work as always!
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/30/08 12:00 PM) Reply
I agree - this dress was meant to be made in a knit - yours is FABULOUS!
CurlyCrafter said... (6/30/08 11:10 AM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric and dress - great job!
EveS said... (6/30/08 11:00 AM) Reply
Wow, Karen, your version is SO superior to the envelope!!! I just love your version...I think knits are the ticket on this style. Once again, you've made me reconsider a pattern. Just want to express extreme jealousy over your field trip while I'm at it. And Cindy Lou, I WANT that fabric!!!!! ;)
Frogstitcher said... (6/30/08 10:54 AM) Reply
Very cute summery dress.
Vintage Joan said... (6/30/08 10:36 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I like the neckline, too, although once again I think it's your creative eye that turns a (how shall I put this) somewhat non-head-turning design into a truly wow dress.
ladybirdlove said... (6/30/08 10:11 AM) Reply
I LOVE the fabric you used! Your pieces always catch my eye!
2BSewing said... (6/30/08 8:28 AM) Reply
Awesome! Your fabric is perfect for this dress. I definitely like the neckline. Looks like I need to add this one to my list. You did a wonderful job! :)
Gelbean said... (6/30/08 8:05 AM) Reply
What a great dress. The fabric is lovely.

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2013-111