Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2896

Posted on:6/30/08 11:48 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket    Pants
Englishstitch said... (5/8/10 6:22 PM) Reply
Such a sweet jacket - very nice!
LAHNEH said... (7/17/08 2:40 AM) Reply
Love the jacket, by the way, makes me want to make myself one, but in a teal color. You did an excellent job!
LAHNEH said... (7/17/08 2:37 AM) Reply
Had a hard time seeing the price of the pattern---they're getting so high!
another nancy said... (7/16/08 11:14 AM) Reply
I also use tailor tacks becuase they are consistent and reliable, for the most part. But I alsways use a thread that matches for the exact reason you mention- often thread(s) get left behind in seams and you don't want to see any leftover of a non-blending color. Very nice job and very cute jacket!
fuzzygalore said... (7/15/08 2:25 PM) Reply
Ouch, did you line this -and- bind the seams too?? It should be one or the other :-). Oh I see, you could just have sewed the lining armhole seams the regular way and tacked the lining and outside at the underarm to keep them together, much less fuss and same result. Hate how patterns have you do this weird stuff.. And spending a lot of time on something means it should be cashmere, silk, or something that you're certain won't start looking wilted after a couple years. But meanwhile your jacket is really cute, and you look gorgeous in it, which is the most important ;-).
AnneM said... (7/11/08 8:48 PM) Reply
Nice top, and and it looks good on you. Don't worry, most people won't recognize the colors from the pattern envelope. :)
Athene said... (7/10/08 7:23 PM) Reply
A very pretty top and so beautifully finished - definitely a keeper that you should sew again.
Kitty Couture said... (7/9/08 3:23 AM) Reply
This is so well made, inside and out. Great job!
Squeezylemon said... (7/8/08 5:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket inside and out, you should be very proud of yourself. Glad someone else has a "helpful" cat - my tabbycat lies across the ironing board watchihg me sew and then I wonder why I've got stripey hairs on all my newly ironed clothes.......
CarolynGM said... (7/8/08 9:12 AM) Reply
Great pattern, great fabric, great construction. I love the way you bound the facing and armhole -- very professional. It's a gorgeous jacket.
MissCelie said... (7/8/08 7:22 AM) Reply
So pretty. How much do I love the eyelet? I also liked reading about your personal history. I'm glad you're making up for lost time!
rebija said... (7/3/08 5:51 PM) Reply
Very cute!
kirstenrana said... (7/1/08 11:31 PM) Reply
OMG, I have this pattern cut out in the same fabric on my sewing table :) You did a great job!
ladybirdlove said... (7/1/08 6:31 PM) Reply
ooooo you did a nice job on this!
Amanda S. said... (7/1/08 6:05 PM) Reply
Super cute jacket. I love the color. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside.
JMarie1962 said... (7/1/08 5:20 PM) Reply
This looks great on you and you did such wonderful finish work! I say... go for the rest of the pattern!
michellep74 said... (7/1/08 2:46 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket! It looks lovely on you. I love the yellow!
Meggie LuLu said... (7/1/08 2:32 PM) Reply
WOW!!! You did such a NICE job!!! Your jacket is simply GORGEOUS!!!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (7/1/08 1:30 PM) Reply
Beautifully finished!! WOW!!
marec said... (7/1/08 12:18 PM) Reply
Wonderful review, and a beautiful jacket. I really like the details you attended to on the inside. Good job! (edited for spelling)
Rustybobn said... (7/1/08 10:59 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love it when the cat helps. Mine used to try to help cut, fortunately she couldn't wield the scissors.
craftygamma said... (7/1/08 7:23 AM) Reply
Very well done! I can see why you are so in love with your jacket.
scrappycat said... (7/1/08 7:15 AM) Reply
Very cute! The inside looks as pretty as the outside!
Danvillegirl said... (7/1/08 6:56 AM) Reply
Sew4Fun said... (7/1/08 6:17 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket and beautifully finished on the inside! I love your fabric choice.
tashainflorence said... (7/1/08 3:02 AM) Reply
Really cute jacket, love this style. You did a great job.
Gelbean said... (6/30/08 11:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket inside and out!
The Technique of Underlining Garments