Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2008-125 (Trousers/Pants)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:6/30/08 4:59 PM

Deepika said... (7/21/08 2:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for your honest review. I too thought that they are bootleg but after reading your review I've decided that they may not be flattering on me. Your pants look awesome though. Great save!
starset said... (7/4/08 1:35 AM) Reply
The BURDA patterns are lovely - I selected several -- LISTED EASY - and am stuck and going no where. It is so discouraging to work on cutting, reading, only to find I do not know how to accomplish the end product. My sewing skills have simply gone to the dogs.
MareeAlison said... (7/4/08 0:46 AM) Reply
Although I know the wide legs are all the fashion in Europe, I still like your pants better. They're fantastic.
KrystalL said... (7/3/08 8:42 AM) Reply
I agree with everyone else. Great save on the pants, and stitching the pleat all the way down was a good move! The look really nice.
EveS said... (7/2/08 0:54 AM) Reply
Wow, Dawn, those are seriously impressive! What a fabulous save!!! Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.
Dei said... (7/1/08 9:56 PM) Reply
I don't know what looks better, these pants or your flat stomach. With a 4 yr. old, no less. The pants are fantastic and I love the idea of continuing the pleat down the length on the leg. I really want to try this pattern, but had concerns over the wide leg as well.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/1/08 11:09 AM) Reply
Your alterations really made this pair of pants look fantastic!
Danvillegirl said... (7/1/08 7:01 AM) Reply
Great save to have a very nice looking and fitting pair of pants.
svenskaflicka said... (6/30/08 10:25 PM) Reply
These are really cute with your modifications! I like yours better than the original. Those pleats opening at the thigh are weird.
rosannec said... (6/30/08 10:03 PM) Reply
I love your modification! I, too, loved the look of the pants on the fashion photos, but the line drawing had me second guessing. I own one pair of pants with pleat font legs and they do to me what these did to you pre-alteration. Great fix with sewing down the pleat! And, thank you for the review!!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (6/30/08 8:55 PM) Reply
The final result is great! I'm not sure I would have had the determination to make all those adjustments. It was well worth the work.
ocotillo said... (6/30/08 8:01 PM) Reply
Great pants! I have to say that I also think they looked fine in the wide version, but they look great now--just a different style. I love the topstitching you did. I always look forward to your reviews because we seem to have a similar frame and style. I've added this one to my wishlist, as well!
Annette1 said... (6/30/08 7:59 PM) Reply
You look AWESOME in these pants. I think your version is SO much classier than the pair shown on the model, not just in style but in construction, as well. I LOVE the center leg detailing on your version.
2BSewing said... (6/30/08 6:22 PM) Reply
Your pants look great and fit beautifully. I guess you didn't really need the seam allowance after all. I enjoyed your review. :)
Mahogany Stylist said... (6/30/08 6:15 PM) Reply
Nice Pants.
Ronda Rae said... (6/30/08 5:55 PM) Reply
Wonderful! We must have the same taste in clothing; I want to make these, too! Thank you for reviewing- It'll probably March 2010 before I get to them though. ;p Ronda
michellep74 said... (6/30/08 5:26 PM) Reply
Nice save on these! The final result is certainly very cute and flattering!

by: carrie1858...