Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8499 (Marcy Tilton pant)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:7/2/08 2:05 AM
Last Updated:7/24/08 11:08 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by Ann Smith using this Pattern

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

soulnoir said... (11/18/08 10:55 PM) Reply
I agree. at least 3 inches need be removed from the side front and back.
blue mooney said... (7/26/08 6:56 PM) Reply
Love the whole outfit. I recognise the linen your top is made from! I looked really hard at it at JoAnn's but ended up passing on it. Wonder if they have any left?
Ann Smith said... (7/25/08 7:18 PM) Reply
Davin, Haute Couture is a fashion/sewing club based in Stockton, Ca. Sorry, not in LA. Ann
davin said... (7/25/08 5:36 PM) Reply
Reading your blog re: Haute Couture -- are they in the L.A. area? I'd love to learn more. Pls. leave me a message. Thanks, Davin
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/25/08 2:47 PM) Reply
Very stylish, comfortable summer outfit. Thanks for the great review.
LindsayT said... (7/25/08 2:33 PM) Reply
You're rockin' that whole West Coast casual look! Nice!
DorothyK said... (7/25/08 12:26 PM) Reply
I like these pants better than the original and I love the new top.
Ann Smith said... (7/25/08 11:42 AM) Reply
Izzie, I see I stated the sizing incorrectly. I meant to say I went a size smaller on the second pair and that would be two sizes smaller than my measurements indicated.
Izzie said... (7/25/08 11:20 AM) Reply
Great pants Ann! I have the pattern and I want to make them soon. Could you clarify what size you used? You said you used small on the 2nd pair, but the pattern is labled with numbered sizes (12-14-16 etc). How many sizes did you end up going down from your measurments? Thanks for the review, I always enjoy seeing your creations.
pterion said... (7/25/08 10:12 AM) Reply
Such a wonderful review - I have this pattern so thanks for the heads-up on the sizing. Both versions turned out great but I see what you mean about the drape of the linen bringing out the best in the pattern.
Dee2 said... (7/24/08 11:33 PM) Reply
I love them! This version is even better than the first. Thanks for the update.
blue mooney said... (7/4/08 7:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for your take on these pants. I like them, and want a pair myself! They look so cool!
Karine said... (7/3/08 8:32 AM) Reply
These are currently a work in progress for me. I got a poly microfiber from Marcy Tilton's web site. She refers to it as "stretch woven foolproof pant fabric." Based on what I'm experiencing, I think your observations are right on target. The drape of my fabric seems to make the pants appear less full. Your finished pants, however, look great on you and I hope you try another pair!
Terri Smith said... (7/2/08 9:44 PM) Reply
I looked at this pattern today, and thought, "I'll wait for a review" and here you are! The pants look much better on you than the envelope suggests. Nice work.
LindsayT said... (7/2/08 8:13 PM) Reply
I think these pants rock! They look as good on you as they do on the pattern.
Ann Smith said... (7/2/08 5:05 PM) Reply
Marci, as I had already sewn these before realizing I needed to remove extra fabric I did it in the seam allowances. When I make them again I will fold out the excess before cutting and that way I can take more out of the back where it needs to be removed most. I took in all seams except the front leg seam.
loohoo44 said... (7/2/08 3:58 PM) Reply
your topstitching looks great Ann, cute pants!
sew2little said... (7/2/08 3:16 PM) Reply
I just bought some Brussels Washer linen blend to make these pants--so your tips are welcome. Yours look just great, as usual. I'm curious about your method of removing 3 inches from the legs. Did you take a fold or reduce at the seam lines? Thanks, Marci
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/2/08 1:40 PM) Reply
Linen would be the perfect fabric for these pants. I love your white top with the denim pair!
Luckylibbet said... (7/2/08 12:02 PM) Reply
Great summer pants! I bet they'll look wonderful in linen.
Barbara V said... (7/2/08 10:53 AM) Reply
These are good looking on you and turned out well despite your concern over the use of the fabric. I too am anxious to see these sewn with linen....go for it!
Jane S said... (7/2/08 10:23 AM) Reply
These do look like wonderful summer pants, love them with your top.
DorothyK said... (7/2/08 10:22 AM) Reply
I think they came out good but I agree about using a drapier fabric. I bet the linen would look great.
piginaquilt said... (7/2/08 10:22 AM) Reply
Very nice!
carolynw said... (7/2/08 9:46 AM) Reply
Hope yiou don't mind the word "cute" but this is exactly how these look on you. I hope you go for the linen - the style suits you so well
CarolynGM said... (7/2/08 7:00 AM) Reply
Do make them again. I like the way yours turned out. They would be lovely in linen.
DeniseF said... (7/2/08 6:52 AM) Reply
Very nice looking and I can see that they would be comfortable. Nice job.
kkkkaty said... (7/2/08 6:47 AM) Reply
I made these a few weeks ago, in the shorter version, and in a linen blend, and I love them! Crisp and cool, just right for a Sunday market on a warm and sunny morning....
Lori V said... (7/2/08 5:45 AM) Reply
Those are very stylish pants, great job Ann.

Sew House Seven The Bridgetown Backless Dress & Tunic Digital Pattern