Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 575 (Sonya's Blouse)

Reviewed by:Kathi R

About Kathi Rstarstar
Member since: 2/28/05
Posted on:7/2/08 8:25 PM
Last Updated:7/2/08 8:29 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Aunt Gail said... (7/7/08 5:57 PM) Reply
Kathi - This is a FINE review. Besides your written commentary, the pix of the front and back yoke alterations was very helpful. I'm just starting out at a total redraw of pattern pieces. Your clear writing and the additional notes on the pix themselves REALLY are helpful additions.
mech said... (7/6/08 6:02 PM) Reply
Ohh - your blouse looks great! I wish I would have read your review before my failed attempt!! I think I've given up for now.
Tall Mary said... (7/3/08 11:47 AM) Reply
My much thinner than me modelled this blouse and told me that she had made no alterations. It fit her perfectly and I was going to buy the pattern. I am so glad that you reviewed this one thoroughly. Your blouse is beautiful thanks to your patience and skill but I think that I will pass on this one. Thanks for the helpful review.
kellymailinglist said... (7/3/08 10:53 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review--as a plus size gal myself, it's good to know when patterns are properly drafted for the size range, rather than simply scaled up. I appreciate that info. I think your result was dandy, regardless of how the pattern may have started out!
MaryBeth said... (7/3/08 10:09 AM) Reply
Hi Kathi: Funny thing about the straight, dartless, tunic based styles: even some of the best seamstresses with lots of fitting knowledge are frustrated by this kind of style. It's based on a rectangle and very difficult to make comfortable on a human body from curvy girl to slim sally. You've given it your all!
fryman said... (7/3/08 9:18 AM) Reply
I think you basically redrafted the pattern. It's great that you have such great fitting skills. I don't think I'll do a Silhouette pattern, yours looks great however.
carolynw said... (7/3/08 9:04 AM) Reply
Your hard work and tweaking sure paid off - very nice looking blouse
Vonnevo said... (7/3/08 5:24 AM) Reply
Great result Kathi, even though it was a lot of effort. Your patience and dedication are admirable :)
mastdenman said... (7/2/08 11:54 PM) Reply
Good job. Your fabric is nice. I just have buttons left to put on mine. I'll try and review it this weekend.
mastdenman said... (7/2/08 11:53 PM) Reply
Good job. Your fabric is nice and the fit is nice. I just have buttons left to put on mine. I'll try and review it this weekend.
Annette1 said... (7/2/08 10:29 PM) Reply
Oooo, very nice! All of your patience and fitting skills have really paid off. I predict you've got a TNT here!
sew2little said... (7/2/08 10:20 PM) Reply
Great blouse, Kathi. I love the fabric--what great taste you have! Marci
Sherril Miller said... (7/2/08 9:58 PM) Reply
Good thing I'm a patient gal. I think it came out perfectly. I know how hard you worked, and a pretty new blouse is your reward. I still have to cut out the pattern and see how much fun I can have with it. I'm definitely going to keep your alterations in mind since we're practically the same size. Just wish I was as tall.
Nancy Rhodes said... (7/2/08 9:56 PM) Reply
Hi Love your result... lots of neat details. You are a hero in that you kept at it & did not get discouraged & quit (I give up too easy sometimes). Great looking blouse! Thanks for the review.

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2013-14