Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6203 (Evening Separates)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:7/16/03 1:26 AM
Last Updated:6/5/05 7:42 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Formalwear

SewScientist said... (10/21/05 0:22 AM) Reply
Has anyone made one of the shirts? How does it fit? Based upon the garment measurements its a looser fit. I prefer a snugger fit so maybe I will make a size smaller.
gardener said... (6/4/05 7:38 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you opted for the drawstring! I'm about to do the same thing, and I'm glad it turned out. I bought some raw silk while I was in Singapore, it's all pinned, waiting to be sewn!
Lisa Laree said... (10/17/03 7:32 PM) Reply
I have some silk jacquard that's been in my stash long enough to have whiskers that I think is destined to be the tunic length top! Just need to get out the ol 'round tuit'! I've gotten lots of compliments on this outfit when I wear it, including the coveted 'You made that??' :p Alas, it's put up for the season now...
klutzbydesign said... (10/17/03 6:05 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern, with the intent to make the top, I never thought about making the pants. Now you've inspired me! I like your whole outfit, definately looks comfortable, drapey and chic. If you get around to making one of the tops, I'd love to know how that came out!
Jules/Vancouver BC said... (7/16/03 11:03 PM) Reply
Wow - does that outfit ever look cool and comfy...and slimming! I keep on saying it - wide leg pants, especially in drapey fabrics, are a very slimming look - much more so than the usual somewhat tapered style.
SouthernStitch said... (7/16/03 7:25 PM) Reply
Great review, Lisa, I too never considered horizontal stripes for pants but yours look really good!
Ann C said... (7/16/03 3:37 PM) Reply
Neat pants and top. Thanks for sharing your experience with the fabric. Haven't sewn on Tencel yet.
Lisa Laree said... (7/16/03 11:14 AM) Reply
thanks, ladies! Pam, I felt 'empowered ' to use the horizontal stripes when I saw Nancy Erickson's May newsletter; she had a photo of knit pants with horizontal stripes that really didn't look too bad. I think the stripes work on this because 1) the fabric is so drapey 2) the stripes are very narrow and 3) the crinkles add a hint of vertical lines. I did think about it as I was cutting it out, though, and hoped the stripes wouldn't make me look 'as broad as a barn' ;)
Lou. said... (7/16/03 9:22 AM) Reply
Love the outfit!
GorgeousFabrics said... (7/16/03 9:20 AM) Reply
Great Job Lisa. I love the outfit! -Ann
Jeanine said... (7/16/03 9:19 AM) Reply
I really like your pants, they look so nice on you. And your stripes match up so perfectly!
AnneM said... (7/16/03 7:56 AM) Reply
What great pants! Love that fabric. This pattern does have some nice designs, and obviously has even more versatility when in your hands.
Pam Z said... (7/16/03 2:58 AM) Reply
Cool outfit, Lisa! Your pattern changes are great. Who would think horizontal stripes could be so slimming :)