Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 1825 (Zoanne's Cape/Coat)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:7/4/08 1:32 AM
Last Updated:7/4/08 1:45 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Elle D said... (7/5/08 3:46 PM) Reply
My goodness this is cute! I too had passed right by this one, but now I want it. In this linen. Terrific job, and thanks for posting. Peggy should put it on her website as a "View Other Style and Fabric Options!" pic.
Lindaw said... (7/5/08 9:14 AM) Reply
LOVE YOUR JACKET! You say the finished jacket is shorter in the back, did you check to see if the pattern back is shorter or did your linen slip up or down while on your cutting table. I sew with linen a lot. I always pull a cross thread to get a straight cutting line on both the top and bottom then line the fabric up on the lines of my cutting mat, top, bottom, and sides. Place my pattern using weights to hold it down and cut with a rotary blade. On some higher quality linens starch is needed to keep everything in shape during the cutting and sewing. the starch will easily rinse out leaving the casual linen look.
MissCelie said... (7/5/08 8:47 AM) Reply
I love this cape. It's so cute and elegant. I think especially because it's white.
Sewing Chick said... (7/5/08 0:19 AM) Reply
I love your jacket. The pictures on the Silhouette patterns are never flattering. If Peggy would model her own designs with the clothes she makes, I bet they would sell better. Her examples are always more attractive. Great job on your jacket.
Sherril Miller said... (7/4/08 1:49 PM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute! I bet it looks even better on you.
Darla in PA said... (7/4/08 12:37 PM) Reply
Your version of this cape/coat is beautiful. Thank you for reviewing this pattern line.
LindsayT said... (7/4/08 11:57 AM) Reply
Nice work! This looks like an Eileen Fisher piece.
Mahler said... (7/4/08 11:48 AM) Reply
This such a great top, the fit with your skirt is wonderful.
Tiner W said... (7/4/08 8:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful! The drape of the linen is just lovely for this outfit.
kellymailinglist said... (7/4/08 8:36 AM) Reply
Really lovely--I like how you modified the pattern. You're right about the pattern photo, because I passed it over. Yours looks so much nicer and it makes me want to try the pattern!

No Pattern Used Bedding