Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2008-123 (Cropped Blouse/Jacket)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:7/4/08 12:16 PM
Last Updated:7/4/08 12:16 PM
Markie1 said... (7/10/08 2:44 PM) Reply
This is adorable! Thanks so much for translating the Burda instructions for me, because, based on your review, I am going to make this! Well done, i love the fabric.
nancy2001 said... (7/7/08 6:22 AM) Reply
What a cute summer jacket. Looks great on you.
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/6/08 7:30 AM) Reply
Adorable jacket. I like how you used the fabric to compliment the style of the jacket.
kellymailinglist said... (7/6/08 6:04 AM) Reply
What a great review, and a great jacket. Love 'My-KEA' and 'burdage verbage'!
Dmd4106 said... (7/5/08 7:56 PM) Reply
Cute jacket! I like it as single breasted jacket too! I hope you rocked it with your blue or black jeans. I'm on my way to get some of that fabric though.
Birgitte said... (7/5/08 1:30 PM) Reply
Now this is one smart, fresh jacket! Excellent choices you made here.
shesflipped said... (7/5/08 8:12 AM) Reply
This is super cute! I ADORE this fabric and had no idea IKEA sold fabric. I clicked your link to their site...I think I was drooling! Nearest IKEA is 2 1/2 - 3 hours away. I need to come up with some kind of road trip! Adorable! (and, yes wear it with blue! I would even do yellow!)
Karen8320 said... (7/5/08 7:55 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first BWOF jacket! You've honestly done a great job and this jacket looks good on you. I never noticed anything about the design placement - in fact, I was quite impressed at how you cleverly matched the design in the centre front. Fabric from IKEA - what a great IDEA!
ITAdmin said... (7/5/08 6:57 AM) Reply
You're right, this would be cute for Valentine's Day. Sounds as if you're learning to speak Burda very well.
crisford said... (7/5/08 2:29 AM) Reply
Very cute jacket! And great job on not getting bogged down in the instructions!
MareeAlison said... (7/4/08 10:16 PM) Reply
I really like your jacket and your great review. Thank you.
blessedtosew said... (7/4/08 9:36 PM) Reply
I have been wanting to see this jacket sewn up. It is gorgeous. Thank you for translating the Burda verbage. It will he helpful when I attempt this jacket.
Annette1 said... (7/4/08 9:22 PM) Reply
Oh, this is PERFECT for the 4th, and all summer long too. I LOVE your fabric, and when you see the entire jacket, you have nothing to worry about with the placement of the design either. It REALLY looks nice on you -- just perfect for your petite frame. Great review!
2BSewing said... (7/4/08 9:01 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket! Congrats on your first BWOF jacket. I'm still looking through my first issue wondering what to try. lol! Your fabric is a to love IKEA for its unique design. Enjoyed your review and Burda interpretations. :)
CurlyCrafter said... (7/4/08 8:42 PM) Reply
Such a great jacket! I LOVE the fabric. I've been to IKEA but never realized what great fabric they have. Great job!
fabeins said... (7/4/08 5:15 PM) Reply
That's adorable. I recently saw this at Ikea but was afraid of the scale, but you really make it work!
michellep74 said... (7/4/08 5:11 PM) Reply
Ooh, I love everything about this! The fit, the IKEA fabric...everything!
Frogstitcher said... (7/4/08 1:59 PM) Reply
Yea, I'm so glad you reviewed this pattern. This is one that I really liked from this issue and I'm still considering it. Congratulations on your first BWOF jacket - it's wonderful in red.
Beryl said... (7/4/08 1:40 PM) Reply
I love your tops! This is another great one. It looks very good on you. I also think the captions for your pictures on your site are really clever.
CatMukai said... (7/4/08 1:38 PM) Reply
I like it and think using two buttons was a good choice. The sleeves are also adorable! I'm gonna give this pattern a second look now, and maybe head to IKEA, too....
squirrellypoo said... (7/4/08 1:09 PM) Reply
It looks fantastic! I love the fabric, too, you should submit this to ikieahacker... And thanks for the translations. :)
Vivienne said... (7/4/08 12:26 PM) Reply
Hope you're wearing this cute little number today!

Pattern Work