Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 575 (Sonya's Blouse)

Reviewed by:mastdenman

About mastdenmanstar
Member since: 1/12/04
Posted on:7/4/08 12:35 PM
Last Updated:7/4/08 12:36 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
katie lynne said... (7/26/09 5:54 PM) Reply
Your blouse is so nice! I'm jazzed again about this pattern. Thanks for revealing your very clever comparison between sizing groups, who'da thunk it?
CCM said... (3/15/09 9:45 AM) Reply
Can you be more specific about the collar and what it was that you didn't like? Is it the type of collar or the way it goes on? Why did you have to do so many alterations? Did you make this pattern as is first or do you automatically do all these alterations. I like the look of this blouse but my alterations always seem to make things worse so I don't want to bother with it if it really needs all this work. I cannot get a blouse to fit at all and I can't find anyine who knows how to help me.
janet said... (7/9/08 8:58 PM) Reply
You are one very talented and clever woman! Love your blouse and fitting, problem solving skills!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/5/08 11:30 AM) Reply
This looks fabulous. I love the style and the color and the fabric. what's not to like. Great job.
Kathi R said... (7/5/08 10:19 AM) Reply
Aren't you cleaver? I never thought to compare the plus size body parts to the regular size pieces --- now that I know, I'll redraft the body of my pattern for the next run. Thanks for a very helpful reivew ... the fabric and color of your blouse are outstanding.
Peggy L said... (7/5/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Very pretty summer top. Great review.
Rustybobn said... (7/5/08 8:23 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I have not tried one of these patterns, but have been tempted by this one. Thanks for all the details.
PegL said... (7/4/08 7:59 PM) Reply
Very pretty top! Looks great on you.
Karla Kizer said... (7/4/08 7:35 PM) Reply
Thank you for explaining the differences you found in the 2 size groups. Confused the daylights out of me when I used another Silhouette pattern! Your alterations sound very similar to the ones I had to do, so I don't feel quite so troll-like now. You've made a perfect summer shirt in a gorgeous color.
mastdenman said... (7/4/08 7:21 PM) Reply
Thanks. It is really easy to put together. I like the fabric, but can't recommend the vendor. It came with sample stamped all over one side and I had to cut around the sample stamps.
Debbie Cook said... (7/4/08 6:59 PM) Reply
This blouse has been mentioned a lot on the boards this week. Yours turned out really great! I like the lines in the style.
MaryBeth said... (7/4/08 4:48 PM) Reply
Wonderfully wrought, thanks for the explanations of your alterations and investigations into Silhouettes' sizing differences.
Heatherrique said... (7/4/08 2:12 PM) Reply
Luscious color and lovely style! Very nicely constructed!
Sherril Miller said... (7/4/08 2:06 PM) Reply
How brilliant of you to check out the 1-4 size to see how they compared. I have to add on my pattern for hips, glad I have a guide. Thanks for the review. I really like your fabric and how the top came out. Can't wait to see it in person.
Amanda S. said... (7/4/08 2:05 PM) Reply
This looks really pretty and well constructed. Good job!
Aixoise said... (7/4/08 12:46 PM) Reply
Good to see your review of this pattern - one of my favorites. I'm about to make another and really like your fabric. Where did you find it? Nice job with the alterations. Enjoy your blouse!

Sure-Fit Designs Pants Kit