Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8489 (MISSES’ DRESS)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:7/4/08 2:45 PM
Review Rating:
Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
jso4fun said... (3/12/09 10:41 PM) Reply
Hi drsue, I am a newbie on PR, and I've really enjoyed looking at your reviews. I am really pleased to find another short/petite sewer. If you get this message, do you want to exchange info? What patterns work the best for you? I love Sewing Workshop patterns but they are humongous on me (5', 106 pounds). I am slowly learning what alterations I need to make on patterns, as I get back into sewing for myself. Hope to hear from you!
Katharine in BXL said... (11/11/08 4:59 AM) Reply
Ay, bummer that the process dragged out so, but the viewer sees nothing but a pretty dress in a lovely color :) Betcha it's pretty on you.
goldenthreads said... (8/7/08 11:43 AM) Reply
drsue, i love your outfits and your reviews,
Robin Denning said... (7/5/08 4:30 PM) Reply
Thank you for all the details about your experience. I just bought this pattern and some fun poly knit and I am working up the courage to give it a try. The short sleeve looks very nice, I may do it that way, too.
cindyann said... (7/5/08 11:44 AM) Reply
Glad to "see" ya, Sue. Pretty dress. Love the contrast you used for neck and sleeves.
tinac said... (7/5/08 7:33 AM) Reply
I like the contrasting bands and the colors are gorgeous. I found that using Steam A Seam to hold the facings in place made it almost effortless sewing everything...took a bit of time, bit no wrinkles. I also sewed a piece of fabric into the front neckline as a fake cami because, YES it is low!
tinac said... (7/5/08 7:32 AM) Reply

mermaids said... (7/5/08 5:27 AM) Reply
what a fab dress. despite your issues with it and the fact that i will need to grade it down at least two sizes, i might give this one a try because i totally love the waist line treatment.
echolalia said... (7/4/08 8:35 PM) Reply
I am another who has missed your reviews and postings. Your reviews always highlight the good points and warn about the difficulties and this is no exceptions. Thanks.
CarolynGM said... (7/4/08 5:01 PM) Reply
I love your color combo. Any aggravation is so worth it if the dress makes your figure look 20 years younger. You should model it for us.
Olivia Sews said... (7/4/08 4:31 PM) Reply
I love that color and Thanks for the tips sewing this. How about sewing in a modesty panel at the bodice? I have missed your reviews.
Vonnevo said... (7/4/08 3:17 PM) Reply
Fabulous drsue !!! I have missed you and glad to see you here :))))
Terri Smith said... (7/4/08 3:02 PM) Reply
I missed you! And your dress does look better than RTW. Thanks for the review and the warning!
Elona said... (7/4/08 2:52 PM) Reply
Cute little dress, Dr. Sue (and nice to see you here).

by: SewWil

No Pattern Used 0001

by: BADBamaBun...

Paradiso Designs Be Green Market Bag Pattern

Paradiso Designs Be Green Market Bag Pattern

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)