Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T
Burda 7018 - Denim Jacket.">Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> flax eye rest (flax eye rest)

Reviewed by:tourist

About touriststar
BC CANADA
Member since: 7/23/07
Posted on:7/5/08 10:47 PM
Last Updated:7/5/08 10:47 PM

tourist said... (7/7/08 10:13 AM) Reply
Well, it does keep the light out as well - at least, as one of my yoga teachers says, the "external light" because with any luck the "internal light" always shines:-)
SewVeryTall said... (7/7/08 7:08 AM) Reply
Aha, so it's not used just to keep the light out. I didn't know that weight helped to relax the eyes...thanks for your reply! I buy flax for its omega-3 and fiber content, so I already have it on hand...I may try your design. Thanks for the review!
tourist said... (7/6/08 11:43 AM) Reply
The weight of the flax is really nice and helps the eyes relax. Some/most people love it, others not. Personally, I found it comfortable even when I wore contact lenses. Flax is especially nice because even under the fabric it feels smooth and is easy to shape to get the weight just where you want it. It can be kept in the freezer for a cool eye pack, though not recommended for warming as the flax oil would not tolerate the heat well. You can add lavender or essential oils for a scented effect. The flax does eventually go "off" but the set of plain rectangular ones we have used for yoga classes have been good for well over 5 years before we needed to dump the seeds, wash the bags and refill them.
SewVeryTall said... (7/6/08 4:30 AM) Reply
I wonder why flax is used to fill it...is there some benefit? It seems like this would be more comfortable without the weight of the flax, if it is used only for keeping light out of your eyes. I'll check back for your reply, hopefully :)

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-107

by: Levone

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sewing Workshop Deja Vu Wrap Pattern